Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Scene  (Read 1192 times)

cjogo

Winter Scene
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:40:28 pm »

Arches in Charlevoix

RedwoodGuy

Re: Winter Scene
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:03:35 pm »

Arches in Charlevoix
This is a fine photograph that generates some quick feelings about it. Where many photographs are said to communicate 'cold' - this one really does. It has fine contrasts of shape, and texture. The stone vs. the twig branches, the arch vs. the tree limb, cold vs. warm, God vs. Nature and so on. I really enjoy this because it is so simple. There are thousands of these shots done all the time with an arch frame, but rarely do they communicate this much to think about.

I have to mention that I wish the arch top wasn't against the top edge, but sometimes that's all you can do. There's so much to like here that I can say, "so what?" to that quibble. Really nice photograph and probably a good seller? Thanks.

cjogo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:57:34 pm »

Thanks for viewing --- Yes I wish I could had included a wee bit more on top -- Only had a 50mm on the Rollei SL  -- up against the wall .  Luckily the Rollei SL 66 has rotating prism -- or I would had even cropped more from the image ,,, :(

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

Thanks for viewing --- Yes I wish I could had included a wee bit more on top -- Only had a 50mm on the Rollei SL  -- up against the wall .  Luckily the Rollei SL 66 has rotating prism -- or I would had even cropped more from the image ,,, :(
ha ha - - yes. I figured something like that. Get what you can get. It's very nice.

cjogo

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:34:34 pm »

ha ha - - yes. I figured something like that. Get what you can get. It's very nice.

Yea >  I put the camera/tripod  up against the wall -- and rotated the prism to one side >>  amazing little camera that ROLLEI SL  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up