Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice for Nikon Scan / Coolscan V-ED with Windows 7  (Read 4023 times)

tatami23

Advice for Nikon Scan / Coolscan V-ED with Windows 7
« on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »

Hello,

I installed Nikonscan 4.03 using the patched .inf file to make it work with Win7.

Scanner seems to be recognized fine, but when inserting a film and scanning for the thumbnails, I get an error message:
"The number of frames on the film strip is either too few or too many. The filmstrip should have more than 2 frames and less than 6 frames for the SA-21 .. blah blah blah"

I use 6 frames strips (as always), I tried Hamrick's  Vuescan which is just working fine. However, being much familiar with the Nikonscan interface, I would really appreciate to get my Coolscan working with Nikonscan. Any insight would be welcome! Thanks...

b2martin

Re: Advice for Nikon Scan / Coolscan V-ED with Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:09:36 am »

I followed instructions on this site to get my Nikon Coolscan 9000 working with Nikon Scan 4.0.3 and all works properly. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/44994-getting-your-nikon-coolscan-work-w7-x64.html

tatami23

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 04:05:09 am »

I followed instructions on this site to get my Nikon Coolscan 9000 working with Nikon Scan 4.0.3 and all works properly. 
http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/44994-getting-your-nikon-coolscan-work-w7-x64.html

Thanks for your input. I made various test using .inf fille provided by steelchn (sevenforrum / photonet) and also the patch provided by Axel Rietcshin http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/bin/NikonUsbScanners64.zip

My scanner is recognized OK... but I still get that sticky error msg about the SA-21 filmstrip (working fine with Vuescan)
"The number of frames on the film strip is either too few or too many. [...] blah blah blah" Quite frustrating -[

mouse

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 04:39:30 pm »

Have you tried this with more than one film strip?
The SA-21 is very finicky when a film strip is badly trimmed (a bit too much or too little) at the insertion end. 

tatami23

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »

Have you tried this with more than one film strip?
The SA-21 is very finicky when a film strip is badly trimmed (a bit too much or too little) at the insertion end. 
Yes I did, and also I don't get the same error msg when switching to Vuescan... The film strips I work with are very neatly trimmed, done by a professionnal lab.

degrub

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »

You might ask Ed if he knows why his software would not give the error message when NS will. Are there any gaps between the end of the film and the holder frame ?
Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up