Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera options for my Phase One P30+  (Read 1609 times)

pjtn

Camera options for my Phase One P30+
« on: February 02, 2013, 08:26:36 pm »

What camera options are available for a Phase One P30+ Hasselblad mount digital back?

I have been trying to sell my P30+ for months now and have had no interest, even dropping the price well below its value isn't helping.

It has made me think that it might just be worth keeping and finding a camera for it.

I will be shooting landscape photographs so speed is not an issue. Are there cheaper options than a H1d or H2d?

TMARK

Re: Camera options for my Phase One P30+
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:57:34 pm »

Mamiya RZ with a wake up cable and H to RZ adapter plate.

pjtn

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:00:14 pm »

Ah that would have been a brilliant option. The P30+ actually sold the day after I made this post unbelievably. Now I really wish I had of thought of this first.

TMARK

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »

I wish I had seen this post earlier!  It's a pain with the wake up cable, but the images are nice.  The loop in the waist level is perfect for the P30 crop.  I used Leaf backs with my RZs.  Really a nice solution.

pjtn

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »

Ah well. These things happen.

I was very disappointed when bought the Hasselblad H1. I never imagined it would be so plastic.

TMARK

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:41:23 am »

I was very disappointed when bought the Hasselblad H1. I never imagined it would be so plastic.

Its magnesium with plastic cladding.  I liked the H1, when it worked.  The H2 was pretty solid operationally.  The Viewfinder on the H cameras is one of the best in MF, big and bright.  The AF works, albeit slowly.  It is a snappy and responsive camera, as far as MF goes.  My main issue is that it should handle like a 35mm but because of its weight (+ lenses) and odd grip it becomes very tiresome shooting in portrait all day.  Mirror slap was an issue, which they addressed in firmware later on, but the slap was jarring and ensured you used flash.  This is one reason I went with the Mamiya system, or rather, decided to stick with Mamiya.  Light weight, handholdable down to slow shutter speeds, as well as the highspeed shutter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up