Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper profiling with i1Pro - basic questions  (Read 1123 times)

bozhidar

Paper profiling with i1Pro - basic questions
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:39:32 am »

Hello! First of all I read quite a lot but I still have some things (most of them) unclear. I would be very gratefil if you can take me to a reading which can help me answer my questions or answer them bellow :)

I want to generate my own profiles for very random Chinese papers which don't have any ICC profiles online to use for the time being.

I was given by a friend i1Pro without any further instructions :) I have some basic knowledge but it doesn't seem to be enough. I have Profile Maker 5.0.8 as well. I generated a chart but I can't find where exactly to read it so a profile can be generated. I also got a bit confused about  i read lots of people using agenerated by other people charts and I don't know exactly what to do :)

Thanks a lot! I am actually looking for a basic description of the process.

Greets
BozhidaR!

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
Re: Paper profiling with i1Pro - basic questions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:04 pm »

Nice friend to have. However, the i1Pro could be signficantly out of calibration, especially if it hasn't been well stored and taken care off. Do you have something like a ColorChecker-24 (or Passport) to at least get an idea if it is working ok? Your L*a*b* measurements should be in the ball-park with known values for the 24 patches.

You can probably update to 5.0.10 PMP5 and retain the functionality you now have (if any).

Do you have the PMP5 dongle? You need it to actually make printer (and monitor) profiles. Otherwise you will remain in Demo mode. I think you can actually scan and get measurements with PMP5 demo, but not the Very Important Step of making profiles.

There are some useful training videos for i1Profiler that might clear up some questions for how PMP5 works. YouTube may have PMP5 + i1Pro videos.

retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear
Pages: [1]   Go Up