Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poland Hotel  (Read 2271 times)

cjogo

Poland Hotel
« on: January 17, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:27:49 pm by cjogo »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Poland Hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:41:24 pm »

Some marvelous work in there Jogo. Bravo!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

cjogo

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:26:10 am »

thanks  .. this was my Hassy SWC .. shooting straight up to the canopy...

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:59:53 am »

I'm not talking about the first abstract. It's good, but the whole series is excellent.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 06:08:16 am »

Indeed, very nice set of images.

I wonder however whether the images are a bit overcompressed or something, because they are very uncomfortable to look at.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

cjogo

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »

Indeed, very nice set of images.

I wonder however whether the images are a bit overcompressed or something, because they are very uncomfortable to look at.

Not sure how compressed they are from the originals -- most images start at 50/100mbg each >  just upload them to my site and they compress to their system...

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »

Not sure how compressed they are from the originals -- most images start at 50/100mbg each >  just upload them to my site and they compress to their system...

Okay, maybe you should try to sample down the images prior to upload. Attached is what I get to see on screen. Looks like ringing artifacts from very heavily compressed JPGs. Perhaps the system is trying to compress relatively large files to some kind of low limits?

Regards,
~ O ~

cjogo

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »

Okay, maybe you should try to sample down the images prior to upload. Attached is what I get to see on screen. Looks like ringing artifacts from very heavily compressed JPGs. Perhaps the system is trying to compress relatively large files to some kind of low limits?

Should I use a separate software or some app inside  CS 4 ?  Guess when I first started scanning > my final results was to prints only .. Internet was not as prolific.  I just upload a 50meg file to my site and they compress..

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »

Should I use a separate software or some app inside  CS 4 ?  Guess when I first started scanning > my final results was to prints only .. Internet was not as prolific.  I just upload a 50meg file to my site and they compress..

CS4 itself will do just fine. Simply resize the image to a more manageable size, so it fits the average monitor. Maybe something within the rectangle 1280x720 these days. You don't want higher res files on internuts anyway. Then use the Save-for-Web feature in photoshop to save a high quality jpg.

Regards,
~ O ~

cjogo

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 05:53:35 pm »

Will look ..... I remember something about "save to the web" many years ago ... is that in the IMAGE dropdown ?? My prints are almost all square   16x 16  300dpi
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:52:37 am by cjogo »

cjogo

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 07:49:58 pm »

CS4 itself will do just fine. Simply resize the image to a more manageable size, so it fits the average monitor. Maybe something within the rectangle 1280x720 these days. You don't want higher res files on internuts anyway. Then use the Save-for-Web feature in photoshop to save a high quality jpg.

Tried the SAVE FOR WEB ..... got a warning my files were too big & would take too long to load ??

Guess I have always scanned /editing for printing ..;not the Web :=}

cjogo

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:17:53 pm »

I believe thats grain clumps -- that I did not clone off -- thought I got them all.   I know my Minolta PRO was very sharp --  My negs are fine for wet printing in the darkroom ~ never saw any of amount of  grain projected on a print as you get from hi rez scans.  If you had not so perfect water for washing > it sure tells in a scan ..  ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:25:42 pm by cjogo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up