Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working  (Read 1865 times)

marimagen

Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:13:25 am »

Hello, I had read somewhere that the adapter offered no infinity focus, but what I get is no focus at all. I can indeed mount FD lenses on my Nikon D700 body but that's about it. The various FD lenses I've tried can focus at a distance of about 10 inches and everything else is blurred. Is there an accessory or some kind of "contraption" I can use in order to solve the problem? Thanks in advance for your input. Marie

mahleu

• 500px
Re: Leinox Adapter for Canon FD Lenses -> Nikon body not working
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:55:59 pm »

Does your adapter have a glass element in it? If so it should let you focus to infinity, if not you have a nice macro lens...

marimagen

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 04:55:08 pm »

Thanks for your reply. No it doesn't. It was the only kind of adapter I could get in Barcelona. Is there any additional ring, element, etc. I could add to it so I could focus to infinity? Marie

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:14:18 am »

unfortunately you'll need a new adapter, like this Link.

Is there a particular reason you want to use FD lenses? Old Nikon lenses make more sense unless you already have some very nice lenses.

marimagen

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 08:08:38 am »

I see, thanks for the link. Well I have quite a few nice FD lenses and I'd like to be able to use them and see what happens. I made the switch from Canon to Nikon when I decided to go digital back in 2004 or there abouts, so I don't own any "older generation" Nikon glass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up