Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metering of Rollei6008i / Hy6 / Hy6 mod2  (Read 4230 times)

parkn123

Metering of Rollei6008i / Hy6 / Hy6 mod2
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:33:40 am »

Dear experts,

I am a user of Rollei6008i & want to buy Hy6 mod2 / Hy6 , anyone know the exposure metering & flash exposure metering (I mean using SCA3562 as TTL)are the same as R0llei6008i ???

Many thanks.

Wilbur
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:47:56 am by parkn123 »

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
Re: Metering of Rollei6008i / Hy6 / Hy6 mod2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:48:07 am »

Hi Wilbur,

generally saying there is a little difference between those two products in the behavior concerning exosure metering when the camera is on auto-mode. But I actually don't really know what is the background of your question? Do you want to know if there is a difference in working with these cameras or do you want to know if you can use your existing SCA 3562 flash-adapter?

The simple answers are:

1. no :)
2. yes :)

best regards

Johannes Hartje

parkn123

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:06:24 am »

Dear Johannes Hartje,

I am sorry for stating not clearly , my meaning is the 6008 metering system is centre weighted multi zone metering patterns as the intruction manual stated. I want to know Hy6 mod2/Hy6 are the same as
6008s ? So that I need not to familiarise as beginner if I purchased a Hy6 mod2 / Hy6 .  Secondly, both the 6008's & Hy6 mod2/ hy6 OTF flash fill in via SCA3562 are identical ?

Many thanks .

Wilbur

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:46:59 am »

ahh i can see clearly now :)

first: yes they are both working with the same concept so you don't have to worry about starting from zero if you purchase Hy6 :)

second: yes this is identical

best regards,

Johannes

parkn123

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:51:19 am »

Many Thanks again.

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:43 am »

Great to have solid answers!
Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 11:39:14 am »

Hi,
I see you already have the answer directly from the source.  Thank you Johannes for your participation in the forums.  Much appreciated! 
Wilbur, you didn't mention if you are using film or digital backs.    I have both cameras 6008AF and also a Hy6 and an AFi body.  Mostly I shoot with the digital backs but also with film.  I have noticed that the metering works very well with film on the 6008AF but not always consistent with a digital back fitted particularly with the flash attached (metz 3652). I have wondered if reflections off of the digital sensor could be causing the metering to be off on occasion. Maybe depends on the lenses used and direction of the light sources too?   Johannes do you know anything more on this?   Anyhow,  the metering with digital back seems to be improved with the Hy6 - much more consistent.   I have been truly thrilled with the metering for film on the Hy6.  It's quite an amazing camera.
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

parkn123

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »

Hi Eric,
  I am using film now & going to digiback, so I have the caption concern , I have no experience on digiback, I am surprised & it is my most concern since I use OTF to shoot macro with SCA3562 .

parkn123

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:29:12 pm »

Yes, I like solid answer , too.

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 06:33:53 am »

Hi,
I see you already have the answer directly from the source.  Thank you Johannes for your participation in the forums.  Much appreciated! 
Wilbur, you didn't mention if you are using film or digital backs.    I have both cameras 6008AF and also a Hy6 and an AFi body.  Mostly I shoot with the digital backs but also with film.  I have noticed that the metering works very well with film on the 6008AF but not always consistent with a digital back fitted particularly with the flash attached (metz 3652). I have wondered if reflections off of the digital sensor could be causing the metering to be off on occasion. Maybe depends on the lenses used and direction of the light sources too?   Johannes do you know anything more on this?   Anyhow,  the metering with digital back seems to be improved with the Hy6 - much more consistent.   I have been truly thrilled with the metering for film on the Hy6.  It's quite an amazing camera.
Eric

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry that in the moment I can't provide complete information, because this is an issue which concerns an former engineer who is allready in his retirement. The best I can tell you for now, is what you might allready guess: the 6008-system was developed and optimized for the use with film backs, its concept goes back to the beloved SLX66 from a time when nobody knew how to even write digital back ;D.

Of cause the 6008 was a much improved system but it was still an expert in the analog world. When the digital backs came up and became more and more affordable, the DB-producers such as P1 and HB developed also interfaces for 6008-system. But i was allways meant as a compromise.

The Hy6 on the other hand was allways meant and developed as an hybrid to serve the wishes of customers of both world, analog and digital.

Like I admited above, this a really easy and superficial but i think it explaines why there is a difference between 6008 + DB  and  Hy6 + DB :)

I'll try to dig a bit deeper in the next days an give you some better information.

Best regards,

Johannes

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:00:16 am »

Yes, this is the likely explanation.  The 6008AF meters very well with film and really quite well with the digital backs.  I don't want to overstate the issue because it worked well enough, just once in a while, there would be one a bit off with the p20 or ixpress backs.   But with digital files an adjustment to exposure can be made afterwards so not a big deal.  The Hy6 has been really close to perfect in terms of metering.
Rolleiflex USA

parkn123

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »

Yes, this is the likely explanation.  The 6008AF meters very well with film and really quite well with the digital backs.  I don't want to overstate the issue because it worked well enough, just once in a while, there would be one a bit off with the p20 or ixpress backs.   But with digital files an adjustment to exposure can be made afterwards so not a big deal.  The Hy6 has been really close to perfect in terms of metering.

Eric, you have the DB adapter for 6008AF , is it fit for 6008i or require to talior made?

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 01:55:31 am »

You can buy adapters from Sinar and Hasselblad to fit their backs to any of the 6000 series bodies that have the removable film gate (the little square metal piece that has rollers for the film on the back of the camera).  For the hasselblad adapter, the primary difference is that for the ixpress backs a cable is not required for the 6008AF body but required for 6008i.  You can buy this new still from hasselblad but sometimes you can find them used too.   It's really just one adapter for all the hasselblad backs and the same part fits even the newer CF style backs.    Sinar made several different adapter plates.   I have one sitting in a drawer for the older 22 and 54 style backs to mount on 6000 bodies, but I'm not sure what backs it really fits.     There is a Sinar adapter plate on ebay now.      Phase made only the one for the p20 to fit the 6008AF.   I was told many times it didn't work on the 6008i but I did see one person who had one and said it did work so who knows?   Rollei metric made adapters for other phase backs like the p25+ and p45+ but the cost was extreme - 3000 euros.  They got bought by an American company called Trimble.  They may still over the service or have parts, but I don't know.

Rolleiflex USA

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 03:07:46 am »

Eric,

It never ceases to amaze me how much you know about the Rollei system.  :)

Thanks, man!
-Brad
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

parkn123

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 05:13:10 am »

Dear Johannes Hartje,

I have one non-pq lens(250) , could it be use on Hy6 mod2 ? The manual have not mentioned or I overlooked .

Regards.

Wilbur

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 05:38:03 am »

Dear Johannes Hartje,

I have one non-pq lens(250) , could it be use on Hy6 mod2 ? The manual have not mentioned or I overlooked .

Regards.

Wilbur

Dear Wilbur,

No this lens won't work on the hy6. You need at least a pq or pqs lens. I think the lens you mentioned is round about 35 years old.

Best regards,

Johannes

parkn123

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 06:47:35 am »

Dear Wilbur,

No this lens won't work on the hy6. You need at least a pq or pqs lens. I think the lens you mentioned is round about 35 years old.

Best regards,

Johannes

Dear Johannes,

Even in manual mode , non pq lenses are not workable in Hy6 mod2 ??  I like my  250mm very much . The reproduction in colors are very pleasant . Any method make it alive?

Wilbur
Pages: [1]   Go Up