Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video of the image movement when zooming New Nikon 14-24mm F2.8  (Read 1520 times)

hassiman

Here is a video of the image movement apparent when my new Nikon 14-24mm zooms.  Just wondering if might take a quick peek and let me know what you think?  Both camera and iPhone were on a tripod….

I am a bit disappointed thus far as this is my second new copy.  First was de-centered. 

Thanks,

Rich

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhckh96am61tmzw/Nikon%2014-24%20%40%20F8%20Image%20shift%20when%20zooming.MOV?dl=0

Ludwig Nobel

Re: Video of the image movement when zooming New Nikon 14-24mm F2.8
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 04:53:47 am »

Rich,

tested this on my 14-24, mine remains centered during the zomming process.
Your video shows something I have never seen on any lens, very strange.

Ludwig

stevesanacore

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:22:03 am »

Well most still lenses, (compared to video lenses), do not stay perfectly centered when focused. I've not seen this while zooming though. Something is out of alignment in that lens. I would return it for sure. Amazing how something like that got through QC although it maybe something that happened in shipping too.
We don't know what we don't know.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 06:20:22 pm »

It almost looks like the lens is moving on the body as you start both rotations of the zoom ring.  Is there any play at all, rotationally or in x or y of the lens on the body after it's locked in position?

hassiman

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 11:31:25 pm »

No play whatsoever.  Lens locks in tight.

hassiman

14-24mm probably not ment to be 4 me.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 05:03:25 pm »

I think I will return this to B&H for a credit.  If the lans isn't as sharp as it once was dur to QC problems at Nikon then I don't want to lug a less than spectacular heavy hunk O' Glass around.  I may wait to see hwat SONY has up its sleeve. Still considering selling my D810 and switching systems.  I LOVE the D810 but at my age I am no longer able to lug the weight I used to without thinking about it.  Quite depressing really.
I wish I had gotten a spectacular lens but I tried twice and no-go.  May have been the lousy packaging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up