Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book module: Adding to existing books  (Read 1886 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Book module: Adding to existing books
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:58:48 am »

I've just started my first large book project in LR4 and can't believe how clunky adding images to an existing project needs to be.

I would have thought that the most intuitive way to add extra images to an existing book would be to select a collection that contains the image then drag the image onto the page and it would just be added to the book, but no. As soon as you select a different collection you go away from the saved book and it opens a new project.

So to add some more images to a book it seems you have to go back to the library, choose the image(s) then drag them to the correct book collection in the library, then go back to the book module, try to find the new image in the film strip, then drag it onto the page.

Am I missing something ?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Book module: Adding to existing books
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:31:46 am »

No, that's the way to do it, and I can't argue about its awkwardness.

I'd recommend you set the book collection to be the target collection (right click it). Then you just use the B key rather than dragging extra items.

Rhossydd

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:24:11 am »

Thanks John. That's a good tip.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 11:14:58 am »

I'd recommend you set the book collection to be the target collection (right click it). Then you just use the B key rather than dragging extra items.

I had no idea you could do that: I thought B always added to the Quick Collection.

Thanks, John. It's a sad day when you don't learn something new.

Jeremy

Rhossydd

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:26:11 am »

An update/warning to John's suggestion of using the B keystroke to add to a book target collection;
It's also worth remembering that the B keystroke acts as a flip flop toggle and will also remove images from the targeted collection too.
If you try to add a selection of images to the target collection from the library, say a smart collection, any images already included in the book that are within that selection will be removed from the book.

Using drag 'n drop on the selection will work as expected.

Robert Katz

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:25:41 am »

There are 2 other ways to add an image to a target collection:
1. A right click on a PC will bring up the option to add to Target Collection in the menu list
2. There is a small circle in the right upper corner of every image; clicking on that will add the image to the target collection.
Robert
Robert Katz
Robert Katz Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up