Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 marks next to print  (Read 5022 times)

MonsterBaby

Z3200 marks next to print
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:32:05 am »

hi everybody,

after beeing a month away the heads specially matte black was pretty clogged. i did numerous clean cirlces.. and took the heads out to clean them manually.

i got everything printing again pretty well..

but i get marks next to the print obviously some black ink underneath the carriage ..? ernst.. how do i clean it ??.. thanks

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3200 marks next to print
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:05 am »

Happened here too. In my opinion it is not something you can wipe away from the nozzle surface etc but the nozzles themselves firing. Might be something with the head contacts that triggers it. Clean them again I suggest and align the heads. Print on cheap paper till it is gone, if not replace the head.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:25:11 am »

To fully clean everything you need to take the whole thing out, there is  TON of gunk you can't see or get to still assembled.

MonsterBaby

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:15:12 am »

thnx guys..

i cleaned the contacts.. and then just printed 40 inches on normal paper.. and its gone.. so far *

dunesurfer

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:03 am »

Strangely,after lots of canvas printing now,it started today also with my printer.
On both sides in the printer bay,is two ink tanks,with absorbtion pads.From time to time,one would see the carriage stop first on the one side,and then on the other side,doing a head clean.The ink later thickens on the pads,and thus,tiny droplets of ink,forms under the head,which then drops onto the print.

If you shine with a small torch into the bay,you will see a pad,with diffrent ink colours on it.And the black,due type of pigment,dries up,thus,pad cannot soak up,the ink released by the nozzles,hence it clings to the head.

The one on the left hand side,can be reached,without much hassles.The lid,has got a clip,which you press,and the top inkpad,comes out.I first clean them with surgical alchohol,then just rinse properly under a tap,and dry.

The one on the right hand,you move the carriage by telling it,you wanna do a head change.Then,once the carriage move into position,you switch the printer off,at the main switch at the back,and move the carriage little bit futher.Then you can reach this pad also.Same story,press clip,remove top pad,and clean.

Under both top pads,are wto larger pads standing upright.If these pads are soaked full,then you can wash them as well.HP wants us to swop them with new ones.NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,just rinse and put back.

Move carriage to the previous position by hand(in the position it parked itself,while letting it know,you wanna do a head change),and switch on.Printer wil start up,and all is well again.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:51:19 am by dunesurfer »

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:34:44 am »

Under both top pads,are wto larger pads standing upright.If these pads are soaked full,then you can wash them as well.HP wants us to swop them with new ones.NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,just rinse and put back.

Right, done that on Saturday too when I had the Z3200 apart for a replacement of parts; belt, head carriage board. Soaked the pads in Windex, let them rest for some time, put the pads under a slowly running tap, pressed  them dry with a vise after some hours.

--

dunesurfer

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 11:49:40 am »

Just soemthing i also discovered.The clear resin coating,also tends to dry out,quicker then the other inks.Thus,its always good to check with a test print.To save ink,i just feed a A4 sheet,and draw two grey blocks,and tell the printer to coat in economical mode.I,ve ruined a large print,where on satin,and with a b/w print,it started to give banding halfway through the print.But it was so little,we did,nt see it,untill the next day,when we spot checked the print.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »

The grey patch in the corner of the Print Diagnostic Image has a smaller Gloss Enhancer rectangle in the center. Easy way to check the elimination of bronzing by GE on different papers too, it does not always work.

--

dunesurfer

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:05 am »

Yes,thats correct,but what happens,is that due to the chemical structure of the resin,it sort of crystilize,and the normal small patch on a test print,is way to small,to clear that,from there,that if you do not use it regularly,best to print out a larger block,say about 50 mm by 100 mm.Thus one would see,banding starts halfway through a print,when to many nozzles start to block,for the printer itself to control it.

But with that said,i discovered a new issue .When i print  a test print,the black prints out ,a medium grey,instead of black.If one change the size of the paper,from a A4 to A3,it is soemtimes normal.However,on the line test blockes,under the solid blocks,the black print black.Any take on this.

I run regular test prints,as my printer do not print bulk everyday.Sometimes only 5 to ten canvasses a week.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 03:19:59 am »

Little printing done here on gloss but the gloss enhancer head is not affected when I need it. Two gloss enhancer heads replaced in total for two printers with a near 10 years use in total. Of course the grey head sides were used enough. So far replaced a head carriage board, two belts (one actually not necessary yet but I had that printer apart for the head carriage board), 10 heads. Rough estimation; 750 Euro for two printers running near 4+6 years.

The last heads that were exchanged: a yellow/light magenta head where light magenta ink flowed internally to the yellow head side, a PK head that showed banding that could not be solved, a gloss enhancer head that was reported as being bad, a green head side that showed a lower density than it should but was not considered bad by the printer itself.  All quite short after I replaced the head carriage board. I blame myself for not storing the heads correctly during the repair which lasted longer than foreseen but it could have been a side effect of the burning head carriage board too.

Sometimes you have to replace a head if it does not function properly but is still considered good by the printer. There is little throughput needed for test areas but it can suffocate on real prints. The HP heads have the damper etc integrated in the head so nozzles may still fire but ink flow can be low. Which reminds me that I could not find that PDF on manually cleaning the interior of type 70 heads.

--

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:42:17 am by Ernst Dinkla »

dunesurfer

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:06 am »

Hi,
Ok,i,ve got the full service manual for the Z3200,and also got the pdf file on the actual head.
Pm me your private mail.I,w sent you them.One file quite big,something like 40 mb.

dunesurfer

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 08:06:50 am »

how to clean a HP70 printhead.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:10:36 am by dunesurfer »

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 08:43:06 am »

Hi,
Ok,i,ve got the full service manual for the Z3200,and also got the pdf file on the actual head.
Pm me your private mail.I,w sent you them.One file quite big,something like 40 mb.

A misunderstanding I guess. First I have the Z3100 Service Manual, the one that is available on the Z3100 Wiki pages. If there is a Z3200 Service Manual and you have it I am interested, address can be found through my sig. The PDF file I am interested in is not from HP and describes how to disassemble a 70 head, the link used to be:
www.hefgermedia.ca/files/Cleaning_HP70_printhead.pdf
I thought I had a copy but can not find it.

--

dunesurfer

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 09:25:36 am »

I did attach that pdf file on cleaning printheadsin my previous post.

The service manual i,ve got is a full service manaul on the Z2100/Z3200.That is the manual the service technicians from HP use if they work on your printer.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 11:32:22 am »

Thank you, I was not logged in so it did not show like a download link here the first time, now I got it.

--

LenR

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 12:10:38 pm »

Speaking of Diagnostic Prints.
The other day I was calibrating and profiling a new matt paper, Sihl 3143.
Test-prints seemed a little flat, lacking depth. 
I did a diagnostic print and it may be ok (I don't recall what the print should look like) but it seems the matt black could be darker.
All heads report as "OK" but some of them (including Mk/Red) are out of warranty.
It may be that the Diagnostic Print doesn't lay 100% ink and that's why I'm asking.
Here's the Diagnostic print.

dunesurfer

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 12:25:59 pm »

Do not know,find the same with mine,but bottom black on the nozzle pattern,in my case is showing black,so,i do not worry about it.It seems that the diagnostic side has got a ind of its own.In my case,if i change size sheet on which i do a test print,it change back to normal.Must be a HP thing or habit.. ::)

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 04:40:38 am »

Speaking of Diagnostic Prints.
The other day I was calibrating and profiling a new matt paper, Sihl 3143.
Test-prints seemed a little flat, lacking depth. 
I did a diagnostic print and it may be ok (I don't recall what the print should look like) but it seems the matt black could be darker.
All heads report as "OK" but some of them (including Mk/Red) are out of warranty.
It may be that the Diagnostic Print doesn't lay 100% ink and that's why I'm asking.
Here's the Diagnostic print.

It helps to keep all the calibration prints archived with the printer type, paper and date written down on the print. You can see whether a head lays down less ink today by comparing to an older print, preferably after the last print made gets some drying time. The calibration prints are the most raw output the printer can deliver and still shows of each channel the density ranges. I also have two Z printers so I can compare them to one another but on the reds.

Yesterday I printed a calibration print on the back of Photorag , it showed lower saturation and Dmax. That can always happen ....  The Sihl 3143 is a plain inkjet paper that normally asks for a heavyweight matte paper media preset, try HP Matte Litho-Realistic for more ink lay down, it might cope with it.

--

LenR

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:16 am »

Ernst,
Thank you for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up