Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4880 ink spills/smears on prints  (Read 2127 times)

BruceInfantino

4880 ink spills/smears on prints
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:59:22 am »

Hi guys, hadn't used my 4880 for a while, ran a couple head cleanings, still clogged, ran a power cleaning, then had to change the maintenance tank and when I ran some A3 prints I got ink spills primarily on the outer edges. And I mean plenty of ink....any ideas ? What can I do, just keep running prints till it goes away or is there some way to sop it up ?

Thx, Bruce 

I.T. Supplies

Re: 4880 ink spills/smears on prints
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:14:33 pm »

What you can try doing is create a small 1"x1" square with the exact color code and print that color once or a few times.  This may clear out the nozzle to that color and whatever air pockets are in there.

If this doesn't work and Epson can't assist you with a fix (from what you have already done from their suggestions) it may be that there is a problem with the printer.

Hope this helps.

SangRaal

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »

Check to make sure your paper feed gap is correct for the paper thickness you are using(it's in your driver screens). Also my personal experience with my own 4880 that I am returning to epson color ink from the jon cohn monochrome inks( due to 4900 failure from massive power surge) is to just keep printing the head clears print quality improves with usage.

nairb

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 03:39:18 pm »

You may want to check out this video as well about cleaning your capping station as regular maintenance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNlYR1SKONI

BruceInfantino

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 03:53:52 pm »

Thanks for the tips guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up