Poll

For those who have researched this issue,

Question
- 0 (0%)
Question
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another bag question--for 43system (Panny GH2 & lenses) what recommendations do  (Read 1625 times)

Raymond Bleesz

What bag recommendations do you have for a specific 4/3 mirrorless camera system (Panny GH2) as I have downsized from a Nikon dslr system in use since the 1970's. I have a good number of bags, mostly Domke, but am considering a specific bag system for the mirroless camera/s.

Anything which has been designed for this format???  Raymond

leuallen

I prefer the belt pouch systems. I have a combination of Think Tank and Tamarac. A small size holster to the right for the camera allows quick access and the pouch in front contains extra battery, cards, remote release, and small flash light. It holds either a GH2 or OMd E-M5 with grip and up to the 100-300 lens with hood reversed. I use either a two section Speed Changer or four section or Hubba Hubba Heine to the left depending on how heavy I want to go and lens selection desired. I usually opt for the four section as I like to have enough lenses to cover most all situations - not a one lens guy.

I am skinny and it works well for me. If you are portly it might not work. I can quickly strap the outfit on when leaving the house. I wear it most everywhere if there is the slightest possibility of a picture. I may look like a dork but I am 72 and well past the fashion phase and caring what people think. It is comfortable enough so that it does not bother me. Does not work in winter due to coat covering access but then I am afraid of the cold and don't do much then.

I occasionally use a bag but I don't like carrying it over the shoulder and like my hands free. With a bag you may have to set it down to get equipment and I am often in wet messy places so that does not work well. Plus I have learned to avoid setting things on the ground because in the heat of the moment I am likely to walk off and leave $1000 lying on the ground - I've done it but fortunately was able to recover.

Keep in mind that I am retired and my main focus is photography. If you are younger and normal you might not be as anal.

Picture shows setup in use now but often changes for different uses. Strap at top goes behind my neck and clips to holster for support to keep from slipping down.

Larry

BarbaraArmstrong

I enjoy the GH2 with an assortment of lenses.  I carry it in a bag over my shoulder that does not look like a camera bag, so no one will guess I am carrying a camera.  I don't put anything down unless I am placing it in the bag, which may itself be on the ground next to me (for example, when I am out in the field working on a tripod).  A habit I have picked up at the airport and now use everywhere outside my house, is that when I leave somewhere, I take a step or two or three and look back to make sure I haven't left anything.  Peace of mind; hope it works and lasts. --Barbara

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com

I have tried several bags for my m4/3 system. I have a Think Tank Retrospective 5, which is a nice little bag -- emphasis on "little." It easily carries my GH2 with the 20 attached, along with a 14 and a 45 stacked and either a 90mm Tamron or a GF1 as a second body. Plus batteries, filters, etc.

Domke makes various inserts, one of which fits inside my small Timbuk2 courier bag, and holds pretty much the same gear. Neither of these will hold a very large kit, so I'm still on the hunt for something else.

Can't have too many bags :)
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs

I use the Tamrac Expedition 5x for my 4/3 system which consists of a G3, a G2 as a backup, and 5 lenses. This is my "carry everything" bag, it lets me carry the gear, filters, focus rail, remote release, lens cleaning supplies, extra batteries and charger, and to strap a tripod on the back. It's not "quick access" by any means but for the type of slow and contemplative photography I usually do, it's nice to be able to carry the whole kit and kaboodle together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up