Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More small camera grips  (Read 1412 times)

Jonathan Cross

More small camera grips
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:30 am »

Your article on camera grips is interesting, Michael.  Adding a grip will obviously increase the camera size.  Is this telling the manufacturers something?

Jonathan
Jonathan in UK

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: More small camera grips
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 01:11:54 pm »

+1, why should one have to pay an extra $100 to improve ergonomics that a manufacturer failed at.  One should criticize the mfr and jawbone them to get things right the first time.

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:55:57 pm »

+1, why should one have to pay an extra $100 to improve ergonomics that a manufacturer failed at.  One should criticize the mfr and jawbone them to get things right the first time.

+1 more, fwiw.  Camera design has pretty much the worst human interface of anything I regularly use.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:43:27 pm »

I have L brackets on the DSLR's but on the DP1 m have found that using a longer arca plate ( as I have for the 300 and 600 on wimberly head) is just the ticket for a bit of grip without substantially decreasing pocketability. Doesn't really matter then as long as all the quick release plates are compatible. While I would have appreciated better battery life, starting out with a sock of them does work, and they recharge quickly in vehicle or outlet if you find yourself taking a break.
A common woman~

PDobson

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »

I like the idea of modularity, especially with a camera that's supposed to be small and light. You mount the grip for comfortable shooting, and remove it when you're cutting grams and bulk.

It's better than having to buy two cameras or, as in my case, making a sacrifice with only one camera body. I chose ergonomic priority for my camera, but it costs me nearly a kilo in life-support equipment every time I bring it, compared to something smaller like the DP1M.

A big studio camera with poor ergonomics, on the other hand, is just crazy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up