Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC Display keeps waking Mac from sleep  (Read 3068 times)

graeme

NEC Display keeps waking Mac from sleep
« on: October 26, 2012, 06:30:06 pm »

I've been quite pleased with the NEC Multisync PA231W I bought a few months ago... apart from one problem:

If the monitor is connected to my computer ( 1st gen Mac Pro ) by USB I can't get the computer to stay in sleep mode. I put it to sleep but it wakes again after about 15 seconds.

I'd like to sort this out as it would be useful to be able to use the monitor as a usb hub to connect my keyboard etc. I use to use my Apple display for this.

I've been through the NEC's manual several times but can't find any settings which help. It's quite a complicated beast compared to an Apple display.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Graeme

Doug Fisher

Re: NEC Display keeps waking Mac from sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:04:22 am »

I would call NEC support directly.  They are very helpful and this might the be fastest way to troubleshoot the problem.

Doug

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »

I wonder if the monitor is powering down the USB ports when it goes to sleep. If so, then the Mac wakes up when it sees a change on the bus, and I can't think of any way to overcome that.

Talking to NEC seems like a good idea, in any case.
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com

graeme

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:26:03 am »

Doug, Rob

Thanks for the replies. I'll contact NEC ( UK ) tomorrow. I haven't bothered so far because I still get a headache when I remember the hassle of trying to find out what calibration software to use with the display.

I'll let you know how I get on....

Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up