Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOW is an understatement!  (Read 13002 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: WOW is an understatement!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 04:15:52 pm »

After getting over the hurdles of Catalog session album collection mumbo jumbo,

I do see that with Endgine 7 while the sharpening is defaulted to be a bit on the harsh strong side.
I was happy to see it make the images from my v6 processing take on a brighter overall "Gamma"....  and I have a sense of overall increased "headroom" for processing on the images.
The range is now a lot wider.

The above are impressions I got from default to some basic tweaking. It did make a chunky  amount of welcomed difference for my lighting/subjects developing.  Very nice indeed!

Now please make the GUI more intuitive, and flexible.

I would like keeping the "browser" on my second screen, while I have the "viewer" on my main screen.  I wish they worked more like the Tools flexibility.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

tho_mas

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 04:28:14 pm »

I would like keeping the "browser" on my second screen, while I have the "viewer" on my main screen.  I wish they worked more like the Tools flexibility.
- drag C1 (the whole application) on your second screen
- hide viewer (menu "view" -> "hide viewer")
- open the second viewer (menu "window" -> "viewer")
- drag the second viewer to your main screen. Safe as workspace.

IMO C1 provides one of the most flexible and configurable interfaces in any software. It's worth to read the documentation... as you can literally configure your own "design" of C1 (even for different workflows when you safe different designs as workspaces).
The only thing I dislike about the interface...: it's too dark. Well, and in V7 the tools in the toolbar have ugly shadows. But I hide the toolbar all the time (I prefer keyboard shortcuts to access the tools), so this doesn't matter to me. And here is the "leather look" bar on top of the UI which looks really cheap. But I've modified it to my liking :-)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 08:50:57 am »

After getting over the hurdles of Catalog session album collection mumbo jumbo,

I do see that with Endgine 7 while the sharpening is defaulted to be a bit on the harsh strong side.
I was happy to see it make the images from my v6 processing take on a brighter overall "Gamma"....  and I have a sense of overall increased "headroom" for processing on the images.
The range is now a lot wider.

The above are impressions I got from default to some basic tweaking. It did make a chunky  amount of welcomed difference for my lighting/subjects developing.  Very nice indeed!

I would like keeping the "browser" on my second screen, while I have the "viewer" on my main screen.  I wish they worked more like the Tools flexibility.

Phil,

Like Thomas says we tried to give as much flexibility as possible in working with Capture One.  The danger is of course, there is more than one way to achieve something.

Can I recommend you watch the tutorials, on Catalogs?  It is pretty simple once you have been shown the ropes, and really does allow you to setup your image management how you wish, not how we wish.  ;)

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One-7/Tutorials.aspx

Have a look under 'Organize and Select' and watch the Catalogs video, and Offline Browsing.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up