Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: Mitt Romney's halo  (Read 169307 times)

stamper

Re: Mitt Romney's halo
« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2012, 03:35:15 am »

Quote Ray

Am I the only one able to keep this thread related to photography?  Grin

Unquote

Ray this is the coffee corner so it means that photography need not be discussed but sticking loosely to the original poster's point would be appropriate? With regards to your last post then it could do with little slimming down. ;D

Ray

« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2012, 09:50:57 am »

Stamper,

Ya know, some people are replete with great globules of fat. and others are replete with great, scintillating ideas.  ;D

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #442 on: November 06, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

well, good riddance Mitt !

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #443 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »

Oh yeah!!! Mitt the Twit can go peddle his crap someplace else.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #444 on: November 07, 2012, 12:34:25 am »

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #445 on: November 07, 2012, 01:18:18 am »

You mean, Gawd & Mitt's Magic Underwear wasn't enough? BTW, has anyone ever seen Mitten's birth certificate?

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2012, 06:11:23 am »

I honestly think that the country would be no better or worse off with Romney as President.  I feel that President Obama has failed to be an effective leader of Congress so far.  I do not trust that Romney would have done better.  I hope that President Obama can be a better kindergarten teacher the next for years and get the kindergarten kids (congress) to act nice and play (work) together like good boys and girls.

stamper

« Reply #447 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:20 am »

The world - imo - will be a safer place under Obama. If Romney had got in then the green light would been sent to Israel to bomb Iran which would probably started a third world war?

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #448 on: November 07, 2012, 08:42:28 am »

I truly believe the Congress will have to work and play well together or forever cede the presidency to the Democratic party. If the Republicans didn't get it last night then there is little or no hope they'll ever get "it." The demographics of this country have changed quite significantly over the last eight to twelve years and it would appear Obama understood this in a way the Republicans couldn't fathom or wouldn't believe.

I've stated throughout this campaign that while I was not a particular great fan of Obama politics, I was a staunch disbeliever of Mitt Romney, especially of Paul Ryan, the Koch brothers and their cronies. Neither Romney or Ryan took their own states in the popular vote or in the electorial college and that alone should tell the republicans the truth about politics today: The white "right" may control the money, but the non-majority "mix" controls everything else. It's going to be interesting. If I was a Republican member of the house today, I'd find a way to make nice so I could be there after the next congressional election or I'd most certainly be looking for another line of work.

More importantly, to all this: Thank God we don't have to listen to any more *#&*$^%# political ads. Sheese, enough already!
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #449 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52:58 am »

BTW, has anyone ever seen Mitten's birth certificate?
I did not see his tax returns, that is for sure.

stamper

« Reply #450 on: November 07, 2012, 09:50:01 am »

You mean, Gawd & Mitt's Magic Underwear wasn't enough? BTW, has anyone ever seen Mitten's birth certificate?

Do you think he is/was a bastard? ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2012, 10:26:33 am »

Guys, a little bit grace in victory wouldn't hurt.

jeremypayne

« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2012, 10:29:21 am »

+ 1

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2012, 10:57:59 am »

Yes!

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #454 on: November 08, 2012, 11:54:11 am »

Not my country but I doubt that the Republicans would have been particularly generous to the the other lot if they had won. Can you imagine Donald Trump being graceful in victory? Y'know, the Donald Trump who called for a revolution upon realising his side had come second.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #455 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:24 pm »

Donald Trump needs either a straitjacket & a padded cell, or an orange jumpsuit & a stay in Gitmo. Oh, and a haircut. The man desperately needs a haircut.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #456 on: November 08, 2012, 12:54:45 pm »

Not my country but I doubt that the Republicans would have been particularly generous to the the other lot if they had won. Can you imagine Donald Trump being graceful in victory? Y'know, the Donald Trump who called for a revolution upon realising his side had come second.

Perhaps they/he wouldn't. But is that really a good excuse for us (i.e., members of this forum, regardless of political inclination)? How different would we be then from him?

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #457 on: November 08, 2012, 01:57:30 pm »

Donald Trump needs either a straitjacket & a padded cell, or an orange jumpsuit & a stay in Gitmo. Oh, and a haircut. The man desperately needs a haircut.

I hear an awful rumour that a stiff breeze will have much the desired effect.  ;)

jeremypayne

« Reply #458 on: November 08, 2012, 02:08:23 pm »

Perhaps they/he wouldn't. But is that really a good excuse for us (i.e., members of this forum, regardless of political inclination)? How different would we be then from him?

"WWDTD" is not something any normal person would promote as any kind of "best practice".

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #459 on: November 08, 2012, 04:29:05 pm »

I honestly think that the country would be no better or worse off with Romney as President.

I do not agree with this.

I feel that President Obama has failed to be an effective leader of Congress so far. 

This is simply untrue. The Republican dominated house of representatives vowed to obstruct Mr. Obama at every opportunity, and they have. One can’t succeed at leading when the other party overtly conspires to attempt the president’s failure. It’s telling that this not only didn’t work out for them but lead to a huge embarrassment for the GOP at this election.

Despite the obstruction, Mr Obama had some extraordinary achievements in his first term. All by itself the affordable care act (aka Obama care) is an achievement that has eluded every other president. The fact that we did not drop into a Depression is itself another extraordinary achievement. There are many more examples.

I do not trust that Romney would have done better.

Romney's pandering to all sides of so many issues makes me think he would have done far, far worse. He lacks credibility.

I hope that President Obama can be a better kindergarten teacher the next for years and get the kindergarten kids (congress) to act nice and play (work) together like good boys and girls.

While I don’t understand the kindergarten reference, i join you in hoping that that the House majority will change their tactics. On the other hand, the design of the 2 party system serves to insure that gridlock takes place on the federal level, and in that regard, it is doing as intended. Unfortunately millions of Americans suffer for the arrogance and obstinance of the GOP. I'm certain far far more would suffer with a Republican president. After all, the last one was at the helm and lead the charge to the destruction the US and most of the global economy.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Up