Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad iXpress 132c FireWire 400 adapter no work on mac book pro retina  (Read 2615 times)

Wick

???
Anybody know how to run iXpress image bank on new MacBook Pro retina display?
Problem with thunderbolt > FW 800 and FW 800 > FW 400 losing communication with image bank.
Need more wattage? Less?
Hasselblad will not support my camera. Sure hate to retire it due to a wiring problem!

Thanks in advance,
Wick Beavers

yaya

• http://yayapro.com

The Thunderbolt adapter provides 7 Watts which is likely not high enough for your device. You can look into a powered repeater/ hub such as one of these

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

julienlanoo

put the battery on the imagebank, use a firewire 400 cable with at on end the firewire 400 plug and on the other a firewire 800 plug,

And those powered hubs are realy good to !! Just don t buy a cheap one as you can blow up your back ..

If not: Bluewave makes 3th party imagebanks, with a firewire 800 instead of a 400, and powered imagebank option...  Its just getting juice into the bank...

I use on my Phase one now, also the TB to F800 adapter but the back has to stay powered, with great results !!

byarvin

Hi, can you give us the contact information for Bluewave? I'm not familiar with their products at all.

Thank you.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

I use on my Phase one now, also the TB to F800 adapter but the back has to stay powered, with great results !!

You do this to avoid having to change batteries on the back or?

With Phase One backs you can use the battery in the back to power the back when using a connection like thunderbolt which does not have enough power. See our article here:
Phase One and Thunderbolt.

Wick

Hi Doug:
Is there something in Phase One accessories I can use with the imacon FW 400 battery powered image bank?
I have seen the boosters and wonder if you have tried them with (gasp!) Imacon/Hasselblad gear?
Thanks!
Wick

julienlanoo

Battery in back = to power the back, so that the energy is lot comming from the computer/firewire, as via the TB connection you can't get enough power, its just to transfer images..

Just try it out: Take a Loaded battery for your image bank, click it into the imagebanl,  then setup everything as you would shoot without computer, next step : connect imagebank(with battery) running to your computer via TB, and start phocus, or flexcolor, should work.

If not, try the powered firewire repeater fitst, its cheaper than the bluewave bank..

Otherwise google Bluewave imagebank ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up