Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: firmware TR12-7.0.0.3-5 for HP Z3100  (Read 6875 times)

Joe Hancock

firmware TR12-7.0.0.3-5 for HP Z3100
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:46:01 pm »

I have been getting false messages that printer is out of paper upon completion of 8.5x11 sheet fed print on HP design jet Z3100. This causes a lengthy restart process, as this is the only solution to clear the error message. The HP website lists a firmware update (TR12-7.0.0.3-5) available, however when I navigate to the link I receive a message that the "driver cannot be found".
I am attempting to update firmware through the HP utility as the manual suggests.
I am running Mac OS 10.7.4 with the current HP driver installed.
My current firmware version is: TR12-TR 6.0.0.8
Has anyone encountered this difficulty in acquiring the firmware download?

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Re: firmware TR12-7.0.0.3-5 for HP Z3100
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:02:10 pm »

Yeah, the firmware is impossible to access online, as far as I can tell. It is quite likely still somewhere in the labyrinth that is the HP website, but with so many broken links you would probably need to have an exact URL to get there.  I have the Postscript firmware for the 44" that I could send you, but I doubt that is what you need.  You could try calling HP, but since you are most likely no longer under warranty, I imaging they would charge you to talk to them.  HP updated the sales portion of their website, which is a big improvement, but the bulk of their site remains the worst website I have ever encountered for a technology company.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Joe Hancock

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 04:49:32 pm »

That's much newer than the firmware you are now running, but I'm not sure it is the most recent (as I mentioned, I'm using a PS version of the printer).  It most definitely is not the most recent HP Utility.  HP has tons of dead end pages like this.  I think you are certainly safe using this firmware, but it's incredibly frustrating how poorly their search function works to try to find up to date info.  If your are presented an option to take a survey or evaluate their site, make sure that you let them know your dissatisfaction with HP.com.  Calling it disappointing, gives disappointment a bad name.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Ian99

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 09:49:23 am »

Colorwave, you certainly do NOT overstate the poor condition of HP’s support sites.
However the link that Joe shows does give a firmware file of TR12-MVL-U-7.0.0.3-7 which is the latest one that I am aware of.

I am running a Z3100 Photo (not PS) on that firmware and on Win7-64.
The Z3100 driver is v61.101.366.41  and the HP Utility is v1.14.1.9

It took a lot of effort to find these on HP’s sites and if anyone has later versions I would appreciate knowing about them. I still cannot use the Print Preview option as the printer then locks up solidly and both the PC and the printer need a re-boot. Also the Color Center works on some magical random frequency with lock-ups in between times!.

However it does not clog, so Canon please make me an offer I cannot refuse!

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:55:21 am »

I am running a Z3100 Photo (not PS) on that firmware and on Win7-64.
The Z3100 driver is v61.101.366.41  and the HP Utility is v1.14.1.9

It took a lot of effort to find these on HP’s sites and if anyone has later versions I would appreciate knowing about them. I still cannot use the Print Preview option as the printer then locks up solidly and both the PC and the printer need a re-boot. Also the Color Center works on some magical random frequency with lock-ups in between times!.

The same numbers running on Vista 64 here for the plain Z3100. The same issues with Color Center but a power down and up of the printer solves that though.  The XP system still around shows that problem less, that one serves as a backbone for similar issues with other soft- and hardware.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

Ian99

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 06:09:18 pm »

Thanks Ernst, you are a tremendous supporter and asset to this site.
In a way I am glad that other people are experiencing similar problems, however the power up/down does not fix my problem consistently. Perhaps the electricity in Holland is different!

deanwork

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »

I have a problem with my Z3100 color center on Windows 7 64 bit. After I do a calibration it will not hold it. It keeps showing that any media I select needs calibration. I was about to call tech support to have them come out here and then I tried it on my Mac and it works fine. The driver on Windows 7 is sad all around and is very slow to make contact with the printer when you change settings. I often find is often shows no printer online, then I change the drop down to another printer on my system and back to the Z it then it works, really odd.  I downloaded the latest driver but I'll check to see if my firmware is up to date.  That website is unbelievable.

Charles Gast

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 04:36:05 pm »

Ernst,

Thank  you once again. I am using my Z3100 with Win7 64 now and working on new drivers/firmware.   When this Z3100 goes out I may end up replacing with an Epson due to HP's extremely poor support. HP should have you on their payroll my friend. If it wasn't for your help I would have traded this one in for the Epson next week.  

I am currently running the latest drivers on the computer: HP Utility 1.14.1.9  HP APS 1.41.0000  And PLC3 4.1.100.1332   I am still at firmware TR12-TR_7.0.0.3 on the printer.  I can only perform color calibration through the printer window dialogue. If I try from the computer the HP Utility the window disappears when I click on calibrate paper. It also tells me I need to update the printers firmware version if I want to export a paper preset which is no big deal.
 With all else working I am wary of doing the firmware update unless necessary.

Charlie
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:02:58 pm by Charles Gast »
Pages: [1]   Go Up