Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad HTS 1.5 available in U.S. market again  (Read 3401 times)

TechTalk

Hasselblad HTS 1.5 available in U.S. market again
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »

The patent dispute that temporarily halted the sale of the Hasselblad HTS 1.5 tilt/shift adapter in the U.S. market has been settled by a ruling in Hasselblad’s favor. The HTS 1.5 is now available for purchase in the U.S.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

FredBGG

Re: Hasselblad HTS 1.5 available in U.S. market again
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 03:14:54 am »

The patent dispute that temporarily halted the sale of the Hasselblad HTS 1.5 tilt/shift adapter in the U.S. market has been settled by a ruling in Hasselblad’s favor. The HTS 1.5 is now available for purchase in the U.S.

Can you tell us more about the infringement case....

jduncan

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:28:33 am »

This is great news. Do you have the source?

Thanks,

J. Duncan
english is not my first language, an I k

oldmanman

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 04:34:02 pm »

(attached documents)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:25 am »

Well, these documents leave not much room for interpretation. Good to see that fraudulent and frivolous litigation is not rewarded. The plaintiff appears to be a total sleez bag...

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 04:53:38 pm »

Well, these documents leave not much room for interpretation. Good to see that fraudulent and frivolous litigation is not rewarded. The plaintiff appears to be a total sleez bag...

Well I am not sure about that.  It seems to me that, given the date of the original patent (1995) there may well be a strong argument in favour of the plaintiff.  Fortunately for Hasselblad he either chose to represent himself, in part, or alternatively could not afford expert legal and technical advice.  Seems to me, rather like taking sides in a divorce, that there is an argument to be made for both sides.  In Hasselblad's shoes I may have taken the option of paying what would have probably been a fraction of the legal fees to settle. I just hate giving money to lawyers but I also agree that one should not accede to what is effectively blackmail.
David Watson ARPS
Pages: [1]   Go Up