Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Lunar  (Read 48671 times)

FredBGG

Re: Hasselblad Lunar
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:34 pm »

People seem to forget that Hasselblad has a long tradition of offering luxurious version of their classic cameras, thus this is nothing new for them. For instance:

Paint Jobs.

TMARK

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 04:40:54 pm »

Man!  I had this terrible yet funny dream that Blad took a NEX-7, and used Gorilla Glue to mount all this crap on the camera, and then had the BALLS to charge like $5k for it!

Wait, its real?

design_freak

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 04:44:55 pm »

As you can see, even a good design may be disfigured...
Say it was a joke!
Best regards,
DF

FredBGG

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 04:49:13 pm »

Man!  I had this terrible yet funny dream that Blad took a NEX-7, and used Gorilla Glue to mount all this crap on the camera, and then had the BALLS to charge like $5k for it!

Wait, its real?

Don't worry these guys will come up with a fix fro the Lunatic...

http://www.campbellcameras.com/shopping/Departments/Camera-Accessories/Camo-Skins.aspx

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »

Gidday,

I would like to know what the guy’s in R&D where smoking when they came up with this monstrosity. Maybe they where on a field trip to Amsterdam when they design it.

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:46 pm »

The trend has been towards a more retro time tested functional design.
OTOH our cameras have functionally evolved : no more film spools to hold, no back to open...
And a big grip still makes some functional sense.

That said, that looks a bit like hot rod at its worst (if you read french... caution advisory : some images can hurt).
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

FredBGG

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 05:10:14 pm »

Other Pimp My Sony jobs on the way....

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »

For me the best design for the H system, it just to see a H4D Ferrari with no saturation... in pure BLACK and WHITE !!!
And i call it H4D " VICTOR BLACK MARS" and maybe if was a entry level 31MP kit for 8.000USD and i think that would sell like pancakes!!!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:24:03 pm by pedro39photo »

Mr. Rib

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »

I always thought the Fuji GX645AF cameras looked much better than H1, H2, etc.

-edit-
A few months back I anticipated the Photokina a bit.. now I anticipate it even more but in an ill manner- it will be one big laugh.
Phase guys trying to sell ever so slightly better DF+ camera convincing us that 'hey, it takes 17 years to develop a new camera body! be grateful with what we've done in last few years with this new DF+ beauty!'. Then Leica comes into stage with a camera with the same sensor they had, 2 minute max exposures and no live view, but hey, we'll charge extra because it's 2012. And then the highlight of whole Photokina, Hassy's ugliest camera ever, backed up by H5D a.k.a. 'oh look Phase One, we also revamped our camera!'
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:07:24 pm by Mr. Rib »

design_freak

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 06:52:59 pm »

I always thought the Fuji GX645AF cameras looked much better than H1, H2, etc.

I think that "H5D" design is ok. Even Hasselblad Lunar is nice , but I can't understand who allowed to show such bad example combinations of materials and colors, even if it is possible to choose by customer...
How could screw up such a good design
Best regards,
DF

Mr. Rib

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 07:11:41 pm »

FredBGG

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 08:03:44 pm »

Hasselblad calls their new pimed out Sony the Lunar and had a H4 edition caller the black Mars or something, all space names... however these days it's Nikons going into space

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/07/photographs-of-astronauts-using-dslrs-on-spacewalks/

PeteZ28

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 08:07:21 pm »

I think we ALL need to send Hassy an email and tell them how disappointed we are. I can't believe they would even release such overpriced crap. Has Hasselblad finally jumped the shark???

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 08:17:14 pm »

Already done!

What were they thinking???

As for the digital X-pan that never arrived. I believe the original 24x65mm format lenses would cover the 36x56 format of the sensor in the Aptus 10, so the elements exist, whilst I appreciate it would take some effort to bring them to fruition, anything would be better than this.

Jason Berge.
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

FredBGG

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »

Let's apply Hasselblad markup percentage to this ugly duckling...

IF...
Sony Nex $1000
Hassy Lunar suggested price $6,000

Would that mean...
Sony a99 $2,800
Hassy A99 Pimped $ 2,800 x 6= $ 16,800

That's twice as much as a Pentax 645D  ???
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:15:42 pm by FredBGG »

design_freak

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 03:33:43 am »

People seem to forget that Hasselblad has a long tradition of offering luxurious version of their classic cameras, thus this is nothing new for them. For instance:

You're right.
I am not a fan of "Ferrari Edition" but now I think it is beautiful in comparison with some individual combinations of the latest camera. These ugly versions of new cameras are probably destined for the Asian market, Middle East. I'm sure that this is a result  of bad taste of people who had lived many years in Asia and England.
I understand that they want to show that every combination is possible. But I think that showing such things in Europe is a little bit stupid.

You just showed a good example of a classic camera in blue. Maybe it would be a more appropriate way - limited versions of classic cameras. Lime, blue , angry yellow - would be really cool.
There is one rule, do not give the customer what they wants - because the clients usually does not know what they want
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 03:47:46 am »

I also think that the cooperation of these companies can be really good.
In the end will settle some of the latest technology to MF. I hope so!
Best regards,
DF

torger

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 03:55:32 am »

I also think that the cooperation of these companies can be really good.
In the end will settle some of the latest technology to MF. I hope so!

Unfortunately I don't see that as likely, i e MF CMOS sensor from Sony which is what everyone would like to see. Collaboration will probably be isolated to this one product.

There's entirely different economics in rebadging an existing mass-market product to making something unique for the niche market that MF digital is. Sony doesn't need to do much at all for Lunar to happen. Making a CMOS sensor of MF size is something entirely different....

design_freak

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:03 am »

Unfortunately I don't see that as likely, i e MF CMOS sensor from Sony which is what everyone would like to see. Collaboration will probably be isolated to this one product.

There's entirely different economics in rebadging an existing mass-market product to making something unique for the niche market that MF digital is. Sony doesn't need to do much at all for Lunar to happen. Making a CMOS sensor of MF size is something entirely different....

Sony maybe will do it for the prestige. As Bugatti Veyron, they produce just to show that it is possible. I'd really like that to happen, but if it is as you say - it's definitely the end of the company in my eyes
Best regards,
DF

torger

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 04:23:52 am »

Sony maybe will do it for the prestige. As Bugatti Veyron, they produce just to show that it is possible. I'd really like that to happen, but if it is as you say - it's definitely the end of the company in my eyes

I do hope I'm wrong, it's just my best realistic guess...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up