Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma Photo Pro 5.3.2 Released, and vertical banding seems to have been fixed!  (Read 1935 times)

Ligament

Downloaded it a few minutes ago and processed same image that had vertical banding issues in 5.3.1. No trace of vertical banding now!

therron36

Great news :) This and the release of new firmware for the dp2 merrill (http://www.sigma-dp.com/download/dp2m-firmware.html) makes me feel more confident about investing in this system.

neways

I recently got the DP2 M and quite amazed by the super sharp images produced. But I have a problem with the SPP software. I usually shoot raw and process the files in SPP before transfer them to Photoshop for final adjustment. I found the images shown on the Review window always look desaturated (wash out) but if I make adjustments in SPP and make the image look good then the photo will become way over saturated and contrasty in the Photoshop. If I save the wash out look image as it is in SPP to Photoshop, the saturation and contrast usually look normal in Photoshop, so it is very hard for me to use all the SPP tools to tweak the raw file as the review window doesn't give me the true effect view  I save the image in ProRGB color space in 16 bits. I don't know if you guys have the similar experience? Thanks for your comments.

John

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook

Great new feature of the firmware is the ability to set ISO in 1/3 steps, AND the upper and lower limits of auto ISO also.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures

the images shown on the Review window always look desaturated (wash out) but if I make adjustments in SPP and make the image look good then the photo will become way over saturated and contrasty in the Photoshop. If I save the wash out look image as it is in SPP to Photoshop, the saturation and contrast usually look normal in Photoshop, so it is very hard for me to use all the SPP tools

What do have selected in SPP preferences under "Working Color Space for X3F files"?
Are you running a hardware calibrated system?
Do you have any proofing turning on is PS?
What "Color Space" and "Output File Type" are you assigning to your SPP exports? Sorry -- you answered this: 16-bit (therefore TIFF) ProPhoto.

Have you noted that you can open a "Full Res" image in the Reviewer.  Click the button on the toolbar.  This may give you a more true representation.

I have not seen -- in my two days w. SPP -- what you are seeing (either before or after today's upgrade).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:41:53 pm by KirbyKrieger »

neways

Thanks Kirby,

When I checked the SSP reference my working Color Space for X3F files was selected "Same Color Space as Exif". After I switched it to ProPhoto RGB (same as my working color space in Photoshop) the color of the image shown on the review window looks close to Photoshop view now. Problem is solved!

John

BarbaraArmstrong

Ligament, where did you find 5.3.2, as I don't see it on the Sigma website?  --Barbara

JayWPage

• Jay W Page Photography
Jay W Page

BarbaraArmstrong

Many thanks; the download went fine.  --Barbara
Pages: [1]   Go Up