Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there an adapter plate to mount a Contax 645 DB on Mamiya RZ67  (Read 3115 times)

horsemilk

Hello, I've searched in vain for a way to get an adapter or mounting plate that would let me use a Contax 645 mount digital back (specifically a Leaf Aptus 22) on my RZ67. I'm not interested in getting my Leaf's mount changed, as I still use the Contax.

I've heard that with the right adapter, pretty much any back can be used on an RZ body, but can't find anyone who makes or sells one. There is a few scant references about to a company named "Eco Digital" which may have made them, and this thread here where a manufacturer is gauging interest in such an item.

Does anyone know where I could get such an adapter?

FredBGG

Re: Is there an adapter plate to mount a Contax 645 DB on Mamiya RZ67
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:12:25 pm »

No Contax to RZ67 that I know of.

However if you want something similar you could go with the Fuji gx680.

Kapture Group makes a Contax 645 back  to Fuji gx680 adapter.

The GX680 is what I would call a Mamiya RZ on steroids.

It's a 6x8 camera but with the added advantage of all the lenses from 50mm to 500mm being tilt shift lenses.
Even a 100 to 200mm zoom tilt shift lens ;D

I had several Mamiya RZ cameras back in the day. They served me well despite the cranky coffee grinder motor drive ;)

You can pick up used Fuji gx680 cameras really quite cheap and the lenses are really good with beautiful bokeh and large format look.

Down side is the size. Significantly bigger than the RZ.

www.kapturegroup.com

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:50:29 am »

You can contact D&A and ask if they have any stock. The Contax-RZ plate used to be a made-to-order item: http://www.eco-digital.com/product/ica_en.html

The back needs to be set to "Large Format" and you'll need a lens-to-back sync cable which you can order from your Mamiya Leaf dealer
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:41:28 am by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

horsemilk

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:47:46 am »

Wow Yaya, thanks so much, perfect! Excuse my ignorance, but is D&A the same company that you linked to?

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:16:14 am »

Wow Yaya, thanks so much, perfect! Excuse my ignorance, but is D&A the same company that you linked to?

Yes if you look on the left there are links to all the companies in the group

Cheers!
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:50 pm »

Wow, awesome Yair!  You're such a great resource. It's nice having someone connected to the industry and getting advice from someone who has actual in-depth experience with medium format digital.

:)  ken

horsemilk

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:02:38 pm »

Hey Yair, sorry to resurrect this thread, but I can't seem to buy one from these guys. Their online order form doesn't seem to work, and after writing to every email address I could find and waiting a month, there is still no reply. Would you happen to know of anyone, anywhere in the world that would stock this interface plate?

Thanks so much!

FredBGG

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:24:21 am »

Hey Yair, sorry to resurrect this thread, but I can't seem to buy one from these guys. Their online order form doesn't seem to work, and after writing to every email address I could find and waiting a month, there is still no reply. Would you happen to know of anyone, anywhere in the world that would stock this interface plate?

Thanks so much!

Lots of "ghost websites" around. Companies long gone and the web pages are still up on some server somewhere.

Try contacting Kapture Group. They make many adapters. They would be keeping and eye on the "competition"... They are very helpful.

He has back plates for Contax to other cameras, he may be able to modify a mamiya 645 to Mamiya 67 adapter by mounting one of his plates.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:28:11 am by FredBGG »
Pages: [1]   Go Up