Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading my HP DJets... thoughts?  (Read 1191 times)

Shate98

Upgrading my HP DJets... thoughts?
« on: August 16, 2012, 01:58:47 pm »

I'm currently running HP djet 5000 and 5100 in my art studio. We are very happy with the machines, but need to upgrade soon. We run primarily on satin rolls, but print to every media available on those machines (mostly on rolls). One month we may only make 1 small print between the 2 machines and then turn around and print 80 3'x4' prints in a single night.

I need a workhorse that won't have issues at 4 in the morning when we're banging stuff out, but that has the best quality out there.

Thoughts?

Comments and suggestions from ipf8300 and epson 9900 owners extremely welcome

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Upgrading my HP DJets... thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:57:26 pm »

A HP Z6200 is not considered ?  No experience with it but given the good experience you had with the 5000 etc and the Z6200's speed and improved inkset (compared to the 5000) one wonders what is wrong with it. Then there is the Photokina opening in a month. Canon will have new machines and HP might ....

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

Shate98

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:57:42 pm »

I LOVE our HPs but...

We upgraded to the latest djet model a few years ago. Both brand new machines arrived broken. We had an HP tech in our studio for a month straight attempting to repair them. They never did work- both of them. Fortunately, even though we had buyers for our older models, we hadn't sold them yet and had to put them back out on the floor to keep workflow running. After that experience the owner declared we would never buy another HP. So, no, we're not considering HP.

One Frame at a Time

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:03:23 pm »

I just read Epson may have an entirely new line of printers waiting for Photokina to be announced.  From the North Light rumor page:
It's probably true, as I took delivery of my 3880 last week..... ::)

2012 August

15th We're told to expect a whole new range of medium to large format printers announced in the run-up to photokina - 5 new printers for 2013.
Updates for the 3880/4900/7900/9900 and a 60" ?
Seems quite a lot - still waiting for actual details ;-)

chichornio

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:01:40 pm »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla  Canon will have new machines and HP might .... [/quote

Sorry, no intention to hijack the original thread... but I´m almost decided to get a 2nd 44" printer (I own a HP z3200ps 44"). I was almost decided to buy a Canon 8300, but if HP is releasing a new 3300, I would wait. Any rumors about that?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:02:41 am »

I know you did not intend to but the way you arrange the quotes here suggests I can see the future. The Canon rumor is more widely spread, on HP I do not know anything and I have no NDA so I can write whatever I like. I thought "might" fits something that probably will not happen.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

chichornio

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:08:50 am »

Sorry Ernst, I`m not good at all writing on forums. I´ll wait for Photokina to happen to see what´s coming on. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up