Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca Swiss Z1 Dimensions  (Read 1625 times)

jmyerz

Arca Swiss Z1 Dimensions
« on: August 06, 2012, 12:01:50 pm »

Just got a new Arca Swiss Z1 and I'm shocked how small this thing is. I ordered it off Amazon.com
and am a little concerned they sent the wrong one. Would anyone be willing to measure the height
and diameter of theirs? Thanks!

J

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: Arca Swiss Z1 Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:43:57 pm »

One of the things that  is great about the Z1 and B1 is the size to load capacity ratio . A-S does with brains (smart engineering, i.e. the asymmetric ball shape) ) what others have to do with brawn.  The general specs are are: weight should be 1.5lbs and height  (with platform level) 4".

jmyerz

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:57:59 pm »

Thats one of many reasons I got the Z1, I'm a fan of smarter ;) I also liked the simplicity of it over other heads. Anyway, seems like it matches your measurements! It just looks tiny, especially when paired with a D3 and a Gitzo 1325!

Best,

J

jmyerz

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »

FYI If anyone ever needs the info. The Arca Swiss z1 (SP) is indeed 1.5lbs, roughly 4.5" Tall with the screw based QR and is about 2 11/16" in diameter at the base.

NancyP

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:45:49 pm »

I can verify those dimensions. It seems sturdy enough for anything I would be likely to put on it. It does look a tad small when sitting on the fairly large spider of my Feisol 3472.
Pages: [1]   Go Up