Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second hole below the falls  (Read 1753 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Second hole below the falls
« on: July 24, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

Here is a picture of real moving water, not that silly, silky stuff. Photographed last weekend below the Horseshoe Lake Dam in Minden, Ontario.
If you look carefully, with a lot of imagination you might recognize the shape of the colorful kayak underneath the haystack. If not, maybe because there is at least a meter of white water obscuring it. The courageous paddler is also momentarily hidden by the standing wave.

FULL DISCLOSURE:
In true artistic spirit, no elements were moved, cloned, or warped. No image manipulation, whatsover. Normally, it would have taken a great deal of skill and many runs to get it just right, but sometimes you get lucky when you least expect it.

I was waiting for some pink salmon to jump over the outstretched arm to make it a little bit more artsy, but then I was told that only smallmouth bass swim there.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:04:51 pm by LesPalenik »

sdwilsonsct

Re: Second hole below the falls
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:34:26 am »

Oo, so that's what my river pictures needed: an arm.
At least here on LuLa I got a hand.
Nice one, Les.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Second hole below the falls
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

Thank you, Scott

Here is the superman on top of the wave, completely unharmed, barreling through half-a-second later.
Captured with state-of-the-art, low-cost, slow-AF, light-weight Nikon D5100, 70-300mm zoom combo at 220mm, 1/800s at F8 and ISO320.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:41:23 pm by LesPalenik »
Pages: [1]   Go Up