Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase P21+ with Hassy SWCM  (Read 2009 times)

Gary Yeowell

Phase P21+ with Hassy SWCM
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:20:01 am »

I'm sure this has been covered before but with the P25, however does anyone have user experience with using a P21+ with a Hassy SWCM superwide?  As the back uses microlenses i assume there may be colour cast issues and as i do not want to resort to any aftermarket corrections or indeed Phase own lens cast correction at taking, i wonder if the smaller chip avoids the colour shifts so obvious on for example a Leica M9 with anything wider than 28mm. I appreciate most of this is due to the closeness of the rear element to the sensor and acute angles of light, so any actual experience of a P21+ in this instance?

Feedback would be appreciated as i would love to put an SWCM on my P21+ for travel, landscape and city work.... as of yet been unable to try this combination as the only SWC in London had a bent tripod plate which wouldn't allow my P21+ to fit on.

Thanks in advance,
Gary.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Phase P21+ with Hassy SWCM
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:20:07 pm »

Hi Gary, the 38mm Biogon shows some colour cast regardless of the type of back you use with it (I've tried it with everything from 6MP to 80MP). However since you're not using any movements and will most likely leave it locked at infinity, you can create a set of LCC shots for different f-stops and not worry about doing an LCC for every shot...

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Gary Yeowell

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 04:32:14 pm »

Hi Yair,

Many thanks for the reply, exactly the kind of information i was after.

Kind regards,
Gary.

epines

• ethan pines photography
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »

I used to use my SWC with a Leaf Aptus 54S (no microlenses, 48x36 sensor), and I barely saw any color cast. I feel it really was not a problem. Easy to correct, as Yair mentioned, but I never even corrected it. I don't think you should feel hesitant about using this combination. Might be different with microlenses, but as I understand it, the presence of microlenses cause the most problems when you include shift, which obviously won't happen with an SWC.

Richard Man

• Richard Man Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:35:05 am »

I use a P25+ with my SWC/M and I just created a camera profile in Lightroom for it to compensate. I even bought Color Checker Passport but my hack works well enough that I have not bother with it.
// richard
[url=http://richardmanphoto.c

Gary Yeowell

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 05:49:55 am »

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up