Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Framing Presentation for Color Landscape Photos  (Read 17589 times)

jgbowerman

Re: Best Framing Presentation for Color Landscape Photos
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 10:34:49 am »

I'll provide prints with the traditional white mats. But, I also came up with my own custom framing solution. To do this, I outsource the mounting of prints onto Sintra board with a protective surface lamination, but the edges remain fragile and ding easily, so I came up with a framing solution that is both protective and presents well. Without framing, the Sintra-mounted prints look fine, but it is a much different look, more modern. I'll give buyers the option of Sintra-mounted work with or without frames when doing shows. The easiest way to see this solution is to read a brief description at my website: http://creekcrossingphoto.com/samples.html

Best of luck, Greg

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 10:48:30 am »

Greg - what kind of adhesive are you using on the back of your website sample, that attaches the "hanging" frame to the sintra?

jgbowerman

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 11:34:07 am »

Greg - what kind of adhesive are you using on the back of your website sample, that attaches the "hanging" frame to the sintra?

Hi Michael,

I use a cyanoacrylate product that can be purchased in 2 ounce containers... much more cost effective than buying the small super glue squeeze bottles I used to get at home depot. It is important to lightly sand the Sintra wherever the cement is applied to remove any oils. I also wipe with 70% Isopropyl after sanding. The bond is solid. I've tested it and the Sintra will pull off in chunks when attempting to break the bond. I use a gel formulation as it is much easier to work with than a thinner liquid. http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/hlc/hlc108.htm

Greg

Steve House

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 02:24:28 pm »

I've always been partial to the simplicity of a plain white window mat (or perhaps neutral grey for color work) in a classic Neilsen Gallery frame in either silver or black.  Recently had some prints on temporary display for the Hamilton (Ontario) Art Crawl that were simply mounted to thick foamcore and trimmed borderless, the package then fastened to a blue fabric display-booth wall with industrial Velcro.  While I'm go with a more substantial mat and frame for permanent display, for a temporary show I think this worked quite well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up