Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4800 Profile for k3 Cave Paint Inks with Red River Paper?  (Read 1002 times)

reimerron

4800 Profile for k3 Cave Paint Inks with Red River Paper?
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:53:16 pm »

I am new to mixing non-oem inks and papers with ink jet printers. I acquired locally an Epson 4800 with Cave Paint Inks already installed and my prints are not turning out too good no matter what I try. They are light and not even close color wise. I have a R2400 that works just fine with Epson OEM paper and ink, but the 4800 won't print correctly even on the Epson Pro Luster Paper I use with the R2400. I am pretty sure that I am only managing color once--in photoshop. I'm just wondering if a more accurate profile for the paper-ink I wish to use would help. I am still undecided about which paper I will settle on yet, but I ordered Red River's sample pack of 13 x 19 paper and have downloaded their test image for a free profile. While I am finding time to do the printing of that image, I would like to make a print for a show coming up very soon. Can anyone steer me to a profile for any of Red River papers with Lyson Cave Paint ink on my 4800? Thanks.

Ron

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: 4800 Profile for k3 Cave Paint Inks with Red River Paper?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:22:06 pm »

Unfortunately, the profiles available from manufacturers would likely not be done with the inkset you are using on the 4800.  It appears from your experience that you are seeing differences in the ink colors as compared to the OEM Epson inks.  You will likely need a profile made for that specific printer and ink set.

Alan

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »

Inkjetart.com will provide excellent profiles at a very reasonable price.
I have no relation to them other than as a very satisfied customer.

GaryBarker

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

Ron you may want to consider exploring creating your own profiles if you wish to continue using your Lyson Cave Paint. One of the lesser expensive options is X-Rite's ColorMunki. This device can be used for calibration and the building of good profiles. While the product does not offer all the features of a higher end X-Rite solution, it certainly is versatile, easy to use and will generate good profiles which will help you have greater consistency in your printed images.

If you would like more information on this product just let me know and I am happy to send you more detailed information on its features and benefits.

Good success to you.

Gary
Gary Barker
DTG National Sales Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up