Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H3DII help  (Read 2622 times)

bpepz

Hasselblad H3DII help
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:01 pm »

I recently purchased a hasselblad h3dII-22, and according to the manual it is possible to use the h3dII on a view camera with a special hasselblad H mount. That would be great, but what I don't understand is how the back is getting its power since the battery is in the camera body not the back, I am probably missing something super obvious but I cant make sense of how it could possibly work. Any info you guys have on this would be great.

Douglas Fairbank

• Retired Hasselblad service technician
    • Classic V
Re: Hasselblad H3DII help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:55:38 am »

My preferred method is to use a powered firewire adaptor/buffer and connect a firewire cable. Or just use a laptop that delivers power via the cable.
Douglas Fairbank LRPS

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 10:03:32 am »

My preferred method is to use a powered firewire adaptor/buffer and connect a firewire cable. Or just use a laptop that delivers power via the cable.

Woah. Hasselblad UK Support?

Don't think you can just "limp in" (poker speak) to the forum on such a quiet note.

Introduce yourself! You're a very welcome addition to the board.

bpepz

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:55 am »

ah! ok that makes sense. I could not just wrap my mind around it before, thanks for the help! Since we're here, I was also wondering if it was possible to use a h3dII back on something other than a view camera, lets say like a fuji gx680 with the hasselblad H to fuji adapter.

Douglas Fairbank

• Retired Hasselblad service technician
    • Classic V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 10:39:09 am »

I am a small cog in a machine, I am absolutely NOT the official voice of Hasselblad. I have worked for Hasselblad for 38 years and before that fixed cameras when they were made out of wood and leather. If I can see someone looking for a piece of advice and I know the answer I will share it with you. Mostly I read the opinions of photographers for whom I have the greatest respect and I have no intention of telling them how to do their job. To continue the poker theme I am no high roller and will keep it very low key.
Douglas Fairbank LRPS

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 11:52:35 am »

I am a small cog in a machine, I am absolutely NOT the official voice of Hasselblad. I have worked for Hasselblad for 38 years and before that fixed cameras when they were made out of wood and leather. If I can see someone looking for a piece of advice and I know the answer I will share it with you. Mostly I read the opinions of photographers for whom I have the greatest respect and I have no intention of telling them how to do their job. To continue the poker theme I am no high roller and will keep it very low key.

Bah! That's a shame.

I think I speak for many here when I say I miss David Grover (from Hassy) being here on a more regular basis.

In my opinion everyone benefits when there is knowledgeable rep for each of the major brands here. Assuming of course they adhere to the general spirit of the forum (first and foremost contribute to the knowledge of the forum and play fair in the sandbox).

Hopefully you can raise the stakes a bit. No one likes the guy who sits at the end of the table with sunglasses, doesn't speak, and checks a lot  ;D.

Stick around. Play some hands!

Ok. Probably I have exhausted the poker theme. I fold.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:55:23 am by Doug Peterson »

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »

Nice to see you here Douglas :)

Best regards,
DF

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 05:52:29 pm »

Stick around. Play some hands!

Doug,
 :P
Thanks for schooling us !

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

williamrohr

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »

Another (although more expensive solution) is to use an Imagebank.  It provides the power and provides extra storage besides (apparently doesn't work on H4Ds).  I use it on a H3DII31 when shooting wildlife (using the 300 mm) and it is no impediment as the firewire that comes with the Imagebank is very thin and flexible (and the Imagebank hangs on your belt).  Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up