Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assistance needed to get Lightroom to open on import  (Read 1830 times)

free2australian

Assistance needed to get Lightroom to open on import
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »

Hullo

I have a Mac (Lion) 
Just upgraded from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom .  Previously when I imported into Lightroom 3 .  The application automatically opened to import. 

Now with Lightroom 4 this did not occur  as Lightroom 3 opened.  I checked image capture so  as to change the application directive for  the import process.   

As Lightroom option is not given , I chose "other" and inserted Lightroom 4 .  When attaching  my card reader , Lightroom 4 did not open to import only the pictures folder.  Please confirm that I need to change to import to Lightroom 4 instead of the pictures folder.  _ If this is so must I change the option from other to Lightroom 4  even though I have already indicated " connecting this camera to.......  see attachment.   

Also I see there is an option to tick " delete after import"  must this be checked?

See attachment

Can somebody assist

thank you

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Assistance needed to get Lightroom to open on import
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:22:52 am »

All you have to do is in Lightroom preferences under general check the box
"Show import dialog when memory card is inserted"
Not sure why your using Image Capture when the preferences are controlled through Lightroom.
You probably still have Lightroom 3 installed with it's box checked.
Dump Lightroom 3 and check the box in LR 4 and you should be good to go.
No need for Image Capture unless I am missing something.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:24:59 am by Dan Berg »

free2australian

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:22 am »

Hi Dan

Thanks for your response.  I have a few minutes  ago read on the net after much searching that the reason why image capture opens is because the particular person had not as yet paid/ registered Lightroom 3 at the time .  After doing so everything ran smoothly.

As yet I have not paid for the upgrade as I was waiting for Lightroom 4.1 to be cleared as bug-free.

In relation to getting rid of Lightroom 3 - How do I do this safely without causing myself grief re photos etc etc.  ( sorry I am a beginner)

thanks

sue

howardm

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:03:10 am »

You can simply trash the LR3 application.   All the info is kept in the external database.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:19:16 am »

I never fool with the RC versions but thats me.
Do your upgrade from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4.0
Upgrade your catalog when it asks. Then trash Lightroom 3 after your comfortable with the 4 version.
When Lightroom 4.1 comes out all you have to do is update.

free2australian

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:54:39 am »

All the necessary boxes are checked in Lightroom to detect memory card reader - still does not import - Once card reader is detected the " image capture " opens.  - When I ahead and import it seems to go the the picture folder even though I Lightroom 4 input under "other" to import.

None of these issues occurred with all my other versions of Lightroom.  It seems to me that the import dialog window has a bug, thus does not open.

There are a few posts on the web in relation to this.

Should anyone come up with a workaround I will be glad to hear from you

sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up