Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D600?!  (Read 3310 times)

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
Nikon D600?!
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:09:06 pm »

It looks like Nikon may be producing a budget full-frame after-all. The D600. Nikon Rumors just posted a little blurb about it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nrblog

Yakim Peled

Re: Nikon D600?!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:45:52 pm »

It looks like Canon and Sony will follow. It's about time.
Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:39:32 pm »

A bit off topic, but Nikon has announced a couple of new DSLRs lately.  I find this interesting considering they can't keep up demand for cameras currently in their lineup.

MarkL

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »

A bit off topic, but Nikon has announced a couple of new DSLRs lately.  I find this interesting considering they can't keep up demand for cameras currently in their lineup.

Paper releases a la canon

JonathanRimmel

• jonathanrimmel.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:22:03 pm »

Definitely curious. It seems the D3200 will hit stores soon while everyone else is still waiting for their D4's and D800/E's. So far the rumors for this D600 are a bit disappointing. It will be an entry level camera in the truest sense. Not a true D700 replacement like many hoped. So where is my pro level DX camera? Where is my D400?

BJL

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »

It seems the D3200 will hit stores soon while everyone else is still waiting for their D4's and D800/E's. So far the rumors for this D600 are a bit disappointing.
The D3200 is probably made in a different factory than the high end models, and even in a different country (like Vietnam or China vs Japan), so hey do not compete much for production resources.

And I would get neither disappointed nor over-excited about a mere rumor of a vastly less expensive 35mm format DSLR with no evidence yet to support it. Far cheaper 35mm format DSLRs have been hoped for and rumored many times since the arrival of the $3000 Canon 5D over six years ago, with no evidence other than the unprofitable and rather quickly abandoned Sony A850. The problem is that the $3000 35mm format DSLRs have bodies (sensor aside) with only room for a few hundred dollars in cost cutting before they become unpleasantly entry-level, with pentamirror viewfinders and such.
Pages: [1]   Go Up