The exact same thing has happened to me TWICE now on the 3880. In each case, the PK channel was showing much more than 1/3 full, but a nozzle check showed absolutely nothing coming through on that channel. I tried two power cleanings separated by an overnight rest, with no result. Than swapped in a new PK cartridge. The old one felt like a feather, obviously empty. I think I needed to run another power clean or two, each of the two times this has happened to me, to get the PK channel to show up on the nozzle check and show a full flow of ink. I think I must be experiencing a mis-read of the ink remaining in the cartridge, such that it runs dry with no forewarning and then takes a new cartridge and some oomph in the form of a power cleaning or two to get it running again. You are not alone in this experience. And my memory of it is good because the last time was just this past week. --Barbara