Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 - Go to map from image?  (Read 1665 times)

dreed

LR4 - Go to map from image?
« on: April 07, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »

Is there a way to change module to "Map" and have the map arrive at the location of the image from another module?

For example, if I'm in Library, can I right click or use some other shortcut to go straight to the map location of an image that I've got selected?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR4 - Go to map from image?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 02:16:20 pm »

In Library, you can:

1. In Grid view, click the map badge on a thumbnail
2. In Metadata panel click the arrow to the right of the GPS coordinates

dreed

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:47:41 pm »

In Library, you can:

1. In Grid view, click the map badge on a thumbnail

I turned badges off because I was too often hitting them by accident.

2. In Metadata panel click the arrow to the right of the GPS coordinates

Yup... I know that one... not exactly quick.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:44:24 am »

In LR4 in the Grid module, there's a little push-pin icon in the bottom of the frame if that image has a geolocation.  Double-click on the pin and it will take you to the image in the map module. (see image)

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

dreed

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 06:33:46 am »

In LR4 in the Grid module, there's a little push-pin icon in the bottom of the frame if that image has a geolocation.  Double-click on the pin and it will take you to the image in the map module. (see image)

That's the badge mentioned above. I turned these off because I too often clicked on them.

I suppose what I was looking for was something in the menu from a right click on an image, so that you could get to the map from any module.

RFPhotography

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »

Mike.

Single click should work.

Even if you turn off the badges in grid view, they should still appear on the image in the filmstrip unless you've turned them off there as well.  I can see clicking on them by accident in the film strip but unless you've got your grid thumbnail size set to be very small it should be pretty difficult to click the badge by accident in grid view. 

dreed

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 02:25:22 pm »

Single click should work.

Even if you turn off the badges in grid view, they should still appear on the image in the filmstrip unless you've turned them off there as well.  I can see clicking on them by accident in the film strip but unless you've got your grid thumbnail size set to be very small it should be pretty difficult to click the badge by accident in grid view.

I often keep the filmstrip pretty small so that the screen gets as much space as possible for the image. I found myself clicking on the badges in the filmstrip rather than the photo, so the badges went...

I think what I'd like to see is a Right click on the filmstrip give me a "Map" menu list entry that I can either go to the Map module or replace the filmstrip contents with everything in the database within 100' or 0.5 miles or 1 mile or... regardless of time so that if I'm editing one image, it is easy for me to bring up all of the other images that I've taken close by to see what other settings and perspectives I've used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up