Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ENDLESS CLEANING CYCLES ON EPSON 7900  (Read 1130 times)

astroman27

ENDLESS CLEANING CYCLES ON EPSON 7900
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:53:43 am »

HI; PURCHASED SECOND HAND EPSON 7900 EARLIER THIS YEAR , WORKED FINE FOR 4 MONTHS  ( ABOUT 40 PRINTS ) IT  NEEDED A CLEAN CYCLE A COUPLE OF TIMES , BUT NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS THE 4000 I HAD .THEN IT DECIDED IT NEEDED SEVERAL CLEAN CYCLES WHICH DID NOT CLEAR , A NOZZLE CHECK SHOWED OK , I TURNED OFF THE AUTOMATIC NOZZLE CHECK TO GET RID OF THE ANNOYING MESSAGE.I NOW PERFORM A NOZZLE CHECK EVERY DAY WHICH SHOWS NO PROBLEM. EVERY TIME I SEND A PRINT (USING IMAGEPRINT 9) IT STARTS A CLEAN CYCLE UNTIL IT SAYS IT CANNOT CLEAN NOZZLE.IS THERE ANY WAY OF DISABLING THE CLEAN CYCLE. I WOULD PREFER TO JUST PERFORM NOZZLE CHECK PRIOR TO PRINTING .

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: ENDLESS CLEANING CYCLES ON EPSON 7900
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:43:04 am »

Yes from the main menu navigate down, one of the option is turn auto nz chk.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:15:35 am »

Also make sure you have the latest firmware installed. I think some cleaning options have changed over time.
- Dean

astroman27

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:31:47 am »

hi ;thanks for the info, on further investigation it appears that the printer starts a clean cycle when changing from MK to PK and back , a work around is by changing in service mode prior to sending to printer. i do have the latest firmware installed ,but am wary of too many cleaning cycles making the problem worse. Is there any system reset to remove spurious error messages ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up