Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Softproofing: how to proof again  (Read 1209 times)

GeraldB

• Gerald Bloch Photography
Softproofing: how to proof again
« on: March 13, 2012, 06:11:02 pm »

I understand how to make a soft proof VC and adjust it to match the master in a side by side view. Now say I come back some time later into LRM and wish to make further proofing adjustments. How do I go about that? If I select the master and check Soft Proofing then click the side by side view YY I get the images reversed: the before image is the proofed image and the proof preview is the master. Am I doing something wrong? What is the intended workflow to continue proofing after you've move out of the original side by side view?

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
Re: Softproofing: how to proof again
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

I understand how to make a soft proof VC and adjust it to match the master in a side by side view. Now say I come back some time later into LRM and wish to make further proofing adjustments. How do I go about that? If I select the master and check Soft Proofing then click the side by side view YY I get the images reversed: the before image is the proofed image and the proof preview is the master. Am I doing something wrong? What is the intended workflow to continue proofing after you've move out of the original side by side view?

I believe you select the VC and do to develop with that.  If I remember correctly that will put your master back on the "before" side. 
John
Flickr

GeraldB

• Gerald Bloch Photography
Re: Softproofing: how to proof again
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:18:26 am »

Yep that works. Thanks. For some reason it seemed more logical to me to pick the master to restart the proofing. If one had multiple VC's then the way it is makes more sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up