Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft proofing in Lr4  (Read 2232 times)

lighthunter

Soft proofing in Lr4
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:37:10 am »

Hi all
i have Z3200 printer & LR4
when i soft proof the photo using paper profile  and check simulate paper & ink, the photo looks washed out espcialy in blacks
when i print it it looks OK >>>Why ?
Also when i print it there is a shift to red ..and this appears in print preiview of hp utilites and at printout

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:41:42 am by lighthunter »

chichornio

Re: Soft proofing in Lr4
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:35:16 am »

when i soft proof the photo using paper profile  and check simulate paper & ink, the photo looks washed out espcialy in blacks

I would`t leave the simulate paper and ink checked. I believe that it only applies when you want to simulate a print for offset workflow. Anyway, there is a very helpfull tutorial from Andrew Rodney (don`t remember where but you can find it easy) about the soft profing capabilities of LR4.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:15:51 am »

Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

lighthunter

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 01:56:01 pm »

Thanks alot for your reply
the problem i have that softproof image preivew dont match hp tool box preview and the real print out
i think soft proof is a tool that helps us to see how actualy will looks when i print the image in a specific type of paper &ink
in my situation image before soft proofing preview looks closer to real print out
Pages: [1]   Go Up