Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6 in Cold weather  (Read 13622 times)

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
Re: Rollei Hy6 in Cold weather
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »

Let me jump in this question albeit belatedly. My mileage with the Hy6 / AFi in cold weather varies. At the end of February last year I took my Rolleiflex Hy6 (and film back) to the winter wonderland of the Swiss Alps. When I was shooting at over 2000m and with cold wind, I got the same behavior as the original poster exposed: the camera switching itself on and off, as if in a loop. Very hard to take images under those circumstances. In the end I managed a number of shots, while switching of the AF and in between reboots of the camera software. Afterwards the camera went back to DHW for review. It came back with its system software reinstalled (no further explanation) and I have not noticed this behavior again (but, admittedly, I do not recall having used the Hy6 body under similar circumstances again).

Now, the interesting part is that, in March this year, I was on a short trip to Iceland but this time with the Leaf AFi (and film back). At some point, again with cold wind and temperatures hovering below minus, a similar behavior showed up - the camera switching itself on and off. I did not send back the body for review and will ask the question to DHW.

Not sure if this can definitively be traced back to cold weather situations but it is something to be further investigated.

Pascal
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
Re: Rollei Hy6 in Cold weather
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 02:48:37 pm »

Update - now that I think of it, the 'repaired' Hy6 did not expose those issues anymore when I handled it in the Swiss mountains in January this year. Meanwhile DHW confirmed that the AFi should be sent in for the same 'repair' as the Hy6.
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up