Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What! that purple tone?  (Read 1913 times)

Didymus

What! that purple tone?
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

Since I bought my Epson 4880, 95% of all my prints have been black and white, and my prints have been great.  But today I got that purple/brown tone.  I use the advanced black and white setting with the EPSON Gray - Gamma 2.2 profile and I never had any problems until now.  As far as I know, I've been doing everything I normally do.  What's going on?  I need some help.

Tommy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:09:36 pm by didymus »

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: What! that purple tone?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:16:31 pm »

Have you checked to make sure you aren't accidentally double-profiling? Printing profile turned off in Photoshop (or whatever app you're using) and on in the Epson driver dialog?

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »

Have you done a nozzle check?
Phil Brown

Didymus

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:06:03 pm »

Sure enough, I cleaned the heads after having a bad test and that was it.  Although I'm still learning, I feel dumb when it's something so simple but I feel so happy that it's something so simple.  Thank you sir.

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:37:08 am »

Unlike other printers I own, the 4880 doesn't look obvious (other than color shift) when it clogs.  Until I learned to recognize this I wasted a lot of paper & ink until the "Doh!" light came on in my pea-sized brain.  Now I run a nozzle check prior to printing.
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up