Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon and Nikon more similar than ever before!  (Read 1145 times)

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
Canon and Nikon more similar than ever before!
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »

In the beginning of the digital era, Canon and Nikon were totally different in the way they approached photography (in fact it was so from the days of FE2 against A-1 of the 80s), which resulted to biased opinions, arguments and fans, as to whose approach was the correct one. In 2007 Nikon seemed to introduce a third approach in their top models, which was still much different to Canon's, it was with the introduction of the D3X and 1DS3 that the two companies seemed nearer than ever before but this was true only for their most expensive cameras! However, during the last 2 years, each model they introduce seems that could have come from either manufacturer! Don't you agree that from D3100 to D7K or D60 and D7 could all share the other brand's batch? What's more, BOTH THE D4 & 1DX, look like a D3S upgrade. I feel that the similarity will continue for their next to come models. Is this good for our photography? Is it the end of the arguments? Or is it just that they are both "playing safe"? Any comments/thoughts anybody?
 Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

cefthym

Re: Canon and Nikon more similar than ever before!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:57:18 pm »

I must disagree with you on that matter, Theodoros. There is big difference on the design of the film rewind crank ;D

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
Re: Canon and Nikon more similar than ever before!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:02 pm »

I must disagree with you on that matter, Theodoros. There is big difference on the design of the film rewind crank ;D
Yeah! I missed that! Actually there might be more difference with the film resolution too... don't you think? Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr
Pages: [1]   Go Up