Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embossing / attaching elements to Moab Entrada  (Read 1074 times)

SG

Embossing / attaching elements to Moab Entrada
« on: January 21, 2012, 07:11:54 am »

I have a project with a writer, he writes short captions for my artwork that must appear in the pictures, sort of like posters.
Instead of printing the lettering as is, I'm thinking about printing the original images and then attaching the words (glue??). Just to give a dimension to the appearance.
Anyone ever done anything like that?
My biggest doubt is that the result might look like a cheap crafty souvenir. Plan B is printing the letters and then embossing them by hand.
All suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

framah

Re: Embossing / attaching elements to Moab Entrada
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:14:23 am »

Yeah... gluing them WILL make it a cheap crafty souvenir.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

SG

Re: Embossing / attaching elements to Moab Entrada
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:48:07 am »

I case you didn't know...
If you have been doing plain lettering and are using Phototshop, then you could add all sorts of effects to them besides just color in the layer style catagory, like drop shadows, outer and inner glows, textures, bevel and emboss, and all sorts of printed embellishments that will enhance the letterings appearance . Just right click your lettering layer choose the blending option and there will be a pop up with all your options and controls in the left column.
So much easier. ;-)
David

Thanks for the tip David. I've been using Photoshop since 2004 and aware of all its features though. It's just that I think those effects look rather cheap and cliche, plus I'm not using Photoshop text, all letters are hand drawn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up