Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Matte Canvas - Two Thumbs Up!  (Read 12293 times)

KenBabcock

Re: Epson Exhibition Matte Canvas - Two Thumbs Up!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 11:17:07 am »

Thanks, Bill.  BC's website has no mention of Crystalline at all anymore so it kind of made me wonder.  I know in early 2011 when they first released Crystalline they had to recall it shortly after.  I was hoping they didn't throw in the towel and stick the product on the shelf for good.

Looking forward to trying it.  Thanks for the update.

BillZ

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 11:44:22 am »

Ken, The word from the rep on the earlier batches, was that the ink was rubbing off and they were getting too many inclusions in the fabric. They apparently went back and re-worked the whole process. I would have to say from the sample that I tested, they got it right. The only question now is whether they will be able to price it such that the cost is attractive over having to varnish
un-coated canvas.

Bill

KenBabcock

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 01:03:17 pm »

Exactly, Bill.  We'll have to see what the price is like.  If it costs too much I certainly won't be buying it, not when I factor in shipping across the border and duty fees.  Especially when I can get Epson 3 blocks from my house for $105 (24" matte) and not pay shipping.  I'll have to check the pricing on the 44" Exhibition, but it'll surely be cheaper for me too.  However, if they price it right and coating can be skipped, I may be intrigued.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up