Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1Photo Pro with or without UVcut?  (Read 17367 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: i1Photo Pro with or without UVcut?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 07:30:33 am »

Joe:

Thanks for the clarification.  I had it backwards, I was attempting to use the i1 Profiler software to profile the monitor.  That is where it was asking me to adjust the luminance  contrast etc. I am going to try with spectraview and the i1 again later today. 

The other issue I have is that since i1 Display upgraded past 1.0.0 it constantly is telling me the monitor is out of calibration (you get a warning down in the
systray), easy to close that, but it is something that xrite should fix, in that their software is unaware that another calibration software is in operation, in this case Spectraview II.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »

Joe:

Thanks for the clarification.  I had it backwards, I was attempting to use the i1 Profiler software to profile the monitor.

Ahh, that explains it. For starters, i1Profiler can't speak to the NEC monitors (nothing in the LCDxx90 series or PA series at least) which means the profile goes into the video LUT and not the monitor's onboard LUT. I have both i1Profiler and Spectraview II. You definitely want to be using SVII. It produces a much better profile on the 2690.

That is where it was asking me to adjust the luminance  contrast etc. I am going to try with spectraview and the i1 again later today. 

Yep, make sure you have the most recent version of SVII and you should be good to go.

The other issue I have is that since i1 Display upgraded past 1.0.0 it constantly is telling me the monitor is out of calibration (you get a warning down in the
systray), easy to close that, but it is something that xrite should fix, in that their software is unaware that another calibration software is in operation, in this case Spectraview II.

In both Basic and Advanced mode, if you go to the very last step (where you build the profile) there's an option to set the reminders... set that to off. The better plan of attack though is to nuke the i1ProfilerTray. It's pretty much useless for most people (it's just nag ware), X-Rite never asked permission to install it, and as you've discovered, it's damn annoying!!! In OS X, go to system preferences (apple menu), select users, click on your account, select "login items", click on i1Profiler Tray so that it is highlighted, and hit the minus (-) key at the bottom left hand side of the window to remove it. There is a checkbox that allows you to hide it... you don't want that. You want to just get ride of it completely. For Windows users, you'll want to remove it from your Startup Items folder.

Cheers, Joe

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:06 pm »

Now I've got both SVII and i1 Profiler nagging me about screen calibration!  I rather like the SVII bootup nag, the countdown serves as my desktop momento mori.  The i1 Pro nag is by comparison rather mamby pamby, just an occasional shy appearance at the bottom of the screen.

Tell you what, I'm not ready to go through any more manual screen calibrations, gotta zap the i1 nag.  As long as SVII is around count me as a NEC customer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up