Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hasselblad 24mm Lens  (Read 19802 times)

FredBGG

Re: New Hasselblad 24mm Lens
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 05:58:41 pm »

Something like this should be designed for high end wide angles

Drop in rotating polarizer

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »

Oh Slobodan,watch out, buddy.
I think the boys from sandbox "hasselblad" do not like you  ;)

I do not know about that, but I quite like Hasselblad (my is 503cw), its tradition, and the whole story before (gulp) the Lunacy.

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »

Hi David I quite agree.

This thread however is *not* about the lunar :)

There was also a thread about the H5D which quickly collapsed (as always) into a Hasselblad bash which was a shame, as the H5D has a bunch of decent (if minor) and much requested improvements and that discussion got lost in all the (usual) negativity.

Nick

I have no problem with an evolutionary upgrade to a great camera.  IMO Hasselblad has however totally lost the plot.  There is no rational explanation why they cannot offer a dual camera platform and/or digital back upgrade path.  They need to see the market from the customers perspective and not from a product/feature perspective.

Sad :(
David Watson ARPS

RazorTM

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/razortm/
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 10:08:47 pm »

Something like this should be designed for high end wide angles

Drop in rotating polarizer

The new Pentax 645 25mm lens comes with one built in!

The funniest thing about this whole thread is that, from what I can see, the new HCD 24 is identical in performance to the HCD 28 but nobody seems to bitch about that lens.  It seems very well liked going by forum chatter.

design_freak

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 03:05:41 am »

I do not know about that, but I quite like Hasselblad (my is 503cw), its tradition, and the whole story before (gulp) the Lunacy.

That's not what I wanted to say.I was thinking of the "people" associated with "Hasselblad" who are active on this forum.
I also love this brand. Just like my X-pan, 503CW and others  8)
Best regards,
DF

hasselbladfan

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »

... from what I can see, the new HCD 24 is identical in performance to the HCD 28 but nobody seems to bitch about that lens.  ...

Indeed, it is a great lens and once it comes on the market, people snap it in a day or two.

Very strange for a bad lens !  :D

design_freak

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »

I have HCD28 and this lens is fantastic. But for me it is too long with HTS 1.5, so HCD 24 will be ok
Best regards,
DF

ondebanks

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:09 am »

How is any of this bashing Hasselblad?  ???

The lens has other issues on top of image circle vignetting.

Hasselblad decided to not make this lens work with film backs most likely due to the very high light falloff that has to be corrected in post.

Fall off at the corners of the larger sensors is just over two stops (100 at the center and 20 in the corners). While this is corrected digitally it is like pushing your images
2 stops in post.. for the corners. That is going to increase noise in the corners especially if need to shoot higher ISO.

It's a trade off. They have previously state that it is to reduce CA inexpensively and to keep weight down. I wonder how this trade off will pay off in the field.

It would be nice if they came out with a graduated center spot filter to correct this and not push the corners digitally. Would be a better option for landscape.

That said some people like brightness fall off in lenses... sometimes it's quite nice.

The fall off is less as you stop down but it may still be significant. It is still about a stop at f8. Should be minimal at f16.

It's 75% fact (in green) and 25% mild speculation (in orange). Bashing? Heck no. Unless you define bashing as someone pointing out "an inconvenient truth".

What I want to know is - when will people stop bashing Fred? Unlike some people here, his arguments are at least evidence-based.

Ray
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up