Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intuos 5 - Touch  (Read 4682 times)

VitOne

Intuos 5 - Touch
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:09:45 am »

Hi! I had the opportunity to play with the new Intuos 5 touch Small in the past days
Basically you have the same 2048 pressure levels pen technology of the Intuos 4 with added touch (not on all model, but the new Intuos 5 with touch should be cheaper than the old Intuos 4). You can use the same pens that you were using on the Intuos 4 and this is good.
I made a short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uholvixLFIg to show what this touch support can do inside Photoshop (after 10 sec of customization in the Wacom drivers).
I will soon give you the link to a review with other picture and video.

VitOne

Electromen

Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

I have a medium Intuous 5 being delivered tomorrow.

Electromen

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:32 pm »

My medium 5 arrived yesterday.  Installation was easy.  The pen work as expected, similar to my Intuous 3, just more accurate and more sensitive to pressure.
The hand gestures take a little getting used to.  I've gotten rid of the mouse and I'm using the Wacom exclusively.  It's different that the Apple MacBook Air touch pad, it's a little more sensitive to touch.  So far I'm very happy with it.

mac_paolo

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:43:36 am »

Are they really better than the v4.0 models?
I mean: they seems to be a small improvements for the standard use, and the previous line could drop in price quickly. Don't you agree?

Electromen

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 06:32:49 am »

I'm coming Dom an Intuous3 so I can't comment on the 4

VitOne

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 05:34:38 pm »

Are they really better than the v4.0 models?
I mean: they seems to be a small improvements for the standard use, and the previous line could drop in price quickly. Don't you agree?

Pen technology is exactly the same. I can tell you after some days of intense use that the extended surface area and the new buttons are real improvements for me, I can do more in the same time. I am a fan of keyboard shortcuts, I use too many of them when I work to be happy with the gestures, but I am sure that Wacom (and software companies) are working to implement more gestures (the hardware supports tons, it is just a matter of software for what I understood). I would go for the 5 with touch support, and I think that is worth the extra money from a 4. Buying the latest product is always more expensive, but when the product allows you to work better, it is definitely worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up