Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H4X  (Read 4595 times)

JV

Hasselblad H4X
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »

Just got home from a few days off and found a Hasselblad H4X body waiting for me.
I had traded in one (of my three) H1 bodies.
I am looking forward to trying out True Focus,
and then perhaps trying out one of the HCD lenses without Hasselblad lens corrections...  :)
One remark about ordering the body, I am not sure why Hasselblad only ships the body with the CR-123A battery grip,
I have 5 rechargeable battery grips already, I really did not need a new battery grip that takes CR-123 Lithium batteries...

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Hasselblad H4X
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:42:00 am »

Would be kind of bad form to ship a camera with no power source, no?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:11:07 am »

Neither of my 500 Series had one, and I loved them both. ;-)

Had MF scanners remained (ever been!) within the grasp of impoverished retirees like moi, I'd have rebuilt my kit. ;-(

Rob C

JV

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:36:50 am »

Perhaps also give the option to ship with rechargeable battery grips,
or make rechargeable battery grips the standard which it probably should be?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 09:45:02 am »

Perhaps also give the option to ship with rechargeable battery grips,
or make rechargeable battery grips the standard which it probably should be?

Good point!
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:08:53 am »

As I understand it, the H4X gives you the same system platform as the H1 and H2, but with the addition of recent enhancements to the the autofocus etc. So in theory, the H4X is an open platform which should interface with third-party digital backs as well as the H-System film magazines.

Does this mean that it will work with a Phase IQ-180? Because if it does, then you can have an 80MP Hasselblad setup right now . . .

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 07:54:46 am »

As I understand it, the H4X gives you the same system platform as the H1 and H2, but with the addition of recent enhancements to the the autofocus etc. So in theory, the H4X is an open platform which should interface with third-party digital backs as well as the H-System film magazines.

Does this mean that it will work with a Phase IQ-180? Because if it does, then you can have an 80MP Hasselblad setup right now . . .

John

exactly as you think
Best regards,
DF

JV

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 08:18:32 am »

John

John,

The IQ back will work on my H1 and H2 bodies and it should also work on the H4X.  It would be nice though to hear from people who actually tried it!

I personally have no interest in an 80 MP back but Phase One currently has a promotion running that would allow to upgrade my P30+ back to an IQ140 back for $13K.  Tempting.

Hasselblad actually also has $13K promotions that would allow me to trade in my P30+ (or my CFV back) for a H4D-40.  I believe Hasselblad requires the body as well.

Best, Joris.

ivokwee

• http://www.fotoclublugano.com/~ivo/portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 11:59:37 am »

I actually like the CR123 grips. There exists rechargeable CF123 Li-ion types (on Ebay) which costs nothing, so it is a very economical and practical (you can precharge any amount of them as backup).

JV

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:30:34 pm »

I actually like the CR123 grips. There exists rechargeable CF123 Li-ion types (on Ebay) which costs nothing, so it is a very economical and practical (you can precharge any amount of them as backup).

I used rechargeable UltraLast CR-123 Lithium batteries in the past, they were very inexpensive but some of the ones I had stopped working relatively quickly,
which is why I switched to the 7.2V / Li-ion rechargeable battery grip,
pleased, you can also read the status (% charged) which I don't believe you could do with the CR-123A grip
Pages: [1]   Go Up