Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 3.5 Performance (Bug?) Fix  (Read 2619 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Lightroom 3.5 Performance (Bug?) Fix
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:28:53 am »

Just updated to Lightroom 3.5 and it appears to have fixed what was a significant problem for me: unresponsiveness with the clone/heal tool when also applying the new distortion correction features. Not sure what they did. They didn't say they fixed this, but thanks, Adobe. Took them long enough though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:52:31 am by David Eichler »

madmanchan

• Web
Re: Lightroom 3.5 Performance (Bug?) Fix
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:32:45 am »

Hi David, yes, 3.5 does include an improved memory caching system for dealing with geometric adjustments (like distortion) in combination with the spot/retouch tools. Glad you're finding that it helps.
Eric Chan

donbga

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:16 pm »

Definitely a major improvement there along with major increase of the performance using the Detail controls.

Thanks to everyone for that. I expect things to really fly once I've upgraded to a 64 bit OS.

:)

francois

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:33:38 am »

Hi David, yes, 3.5 does include an improved memory caching system for dealing with geometric adjustments (like distortion) in combination with the spot/retouch tools. Glad you're finding that it helps.

Before the 3.5 fix, I had reordered my workflow and put geometric corrections at the end to avoid the slow down. Now, I'm back to my normal workflow, thanks a million for that.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up