Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF8100 is dead - Printhead errors (03800500-2f2f)  (Read 12999 times)

lefteriss

Canon iPF8100 is dead - Printhead errors (03800500-2f2f)
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »

Hello from Greece,
I really need some help.
I have iPF8100 for 2,5 years now. I have a copy store and when I return from summer vacations I had a printhead error. I have bought the machine new from a reseller. I had firmware 1.37 on and I needed to print until the new printhead arrives so the reseller told me to return to version 1.34 and push the online button each time it brings the printhead cleaning message appears. The prindhead arrived and I put it on but on the replenishing status I got a maintenance cartridge full message. I did something stupid as I found out later, I return to service mode in order to bypass the error message for a while in order to finish. I then got two more messages for 2 different inks that needed that I didn’t have so I left it in that state for a day until I got them. After that everything went wrong. The printhead never came to right status and I got the 038005500-2f2f error. The reseller (and technical adviser) came and we found out that the machine had broken both printheads. It keep trying to clean them but without succeed. We bought 2 new ones from Canon Greece (Intersys S.A.) and he done the procedure but we ended up with the same problem. He tries to clean the printhead sensor if it might be blocked but no luck. In a print check test it seems that the CY ink is totally blocked in the printhead.

(photo : Printhead test.jpg )

We contact with the head technician of Canon here in Greeceand he advice to do more cleaning and tests as it setting up the machine from the beginning  and as far now I have paid around 2.000 euros for 3 printheads and a lot off wasted ink for cleanings and testing but the printer is off. The first nozzle check was like this

(photo : 1st nozle check.JPG )

And now looks like this

(photo : 1st nozle check.JPG )

Now they told me that if I want to send the machine inside Canon, pay extra around 2 to 3.000 euro for ink sensor, mainboard, printheads and inks for testings, (as the service manual says)  and they can’t guarantee that will be fixed at the end. They told me that is more wisher to throw it and buy a new one. I had bought it 7.000 euro 2,5 years ago, I print 4.500 m so far and it’s dead… And I don’t know the cause!
Oh, and something else representative of Canon here in Greece (Intersys S.A.) don’t guarantee for anything, not even the printheads. You have to pay for everything.

I will glad for any advice.

Thanks

lefteris

Landscapes

Re: Canon iPF8100 is dead - Printhead errors (03800500-2f2f)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:00:02 pm »

I just replaced the printhead on my iPF6100 so I understand your frustration.  Luckily for me, the repalcement went well.  I would think that Canon should have a warranty for the printhead that you put into the printer.  If the printhead doesn't work after the printer puts the ink back in, then I think Canon should replace that printhead.  I don't think your printer could break the printhead.  Perhaps your printer is broken as you say, but I don't think you should have had to buy 3 printheads.  Will Canon in Greece not replace the brand new printhead that isn't working?
Pages: [1]   Go Up