Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Margin off by .25" - Epson 4900  (Read 2973 times)

Shane Webster

Margin off by .25" - Epson 4900
« on: May 16, 2011, 03:39:23 pm »

I've searched and found some issues with the 3880 but am working on a project that I'm printing on both sides of a 17x22 sheet (yes, I'm using double sided paper) for the sheets to get folded and bound into a journal (each side of the 17x22 sheet actually gets two "journal" pages).  The bottom of each journal page has a thin line so all things being equal, the lines on each side of the page should lay on top of each other if the paper is held up to the light.  My initial margin setup was 1" L/R, and 1.75" T/B.  In LR, the end of the left journal page's bottom line ends at 10 inches and the beginning of the right journal page's bottom line begins at 12 inches.  However, when I print, the left journal page's bottom line ends at 9.75" and the right one begins at 11.75"--a shift of .25".  I've fixed things by changing my L/R margins to 1.25" and .75" within LR but I'm at a loss as to why this is an issue at all.  Of course, my L/R margins are actually the top and bottom edges of the sheet as it goes through the printer, though I wouldn't think that would be an issue since my margins are beyond the .5/.56 limits.

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Re: Margin off by .25" - Epson 4900
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »

I ran into something similar when trying to print borderless on roll paper.  I ended up moving my image approx 3/8 to the right but I also had to fool the printer by adding about .25" to the width of the paper.   In other words, on a 10" roll, I created a custom paper size that was actually 10.25.  I use Retain Size when selecting roll paper but I also had to move the image to the right as already mentioned.  I'm less than 1mm off now.  Not perfect, but it'll do.
Mike Guilbault

Zave

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »

Try this:

When printing the flip side place the paper backwards into the printer and then in the print dialog box check of the "reverse" button.

This should eliminate the problem.

ronmart

• Ron Martinsen's Photography Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:21 am »

i was really confused by this, so I just spent 6 hours working on an article complete with screen shots and videos for both the Mac and PC on this subject:

http://www.ronmartblog.com/2011/08/understanding-epsons-printable-area.html

This isn't spam - it's really my way of trying to help others with this issue as the Windows driver especially can be very confusing.  Hopefully you'll appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up