Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for samples Mamiya 50mm ULD + digital back  (Read 1472 times)

itsskin

Looking for samples Mamiya 50mm ULD + digital back
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:11:18 am »

I am considering Mamiya 50 ULD to use on RZ body with DB. Please, share this combo results. High-res would be awesome.
Thx!

bpepz

Re: Looking for samples Mamiya 50mm ULD + digital back
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:50:54 pm »

I dont have the 50mm uld but I do have the 65mm ULD if you are interested, I am using it with the leaf aptus 6-II 28mp back

itsskin

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:30:58 am »

Thx a lot, but I do have 65mm. I know what it can do, but it was broken and I would like to get 50nm for a little wider coverage.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:27:29 am »

I can't show you a sample directly but a friend used a P30 with that lens and was disappointed enough to change platforms as a result. And that's just a 44x33mm sensor. Larger sensors may be even worse in the corners. Of course he might have had a bad sample but I doubt he would have changed platforms without trying at least one more 50mm.

mediumcool

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:00:34 am »

I used an older 50mm on the RB and found it to be rubbish (with film); given digital’s lack of forgiveness, the lens would likely be unacceptable to many users. So I switched to a Bronica SQ-A which had good to excellent lenses. Best Mamiya 6x7 lens I ever had was the 140 macro—terrific!

Interesting that you can use old Bronicas today w/digital backs.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

bpepz

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:44:47 am »

I used an older 50mm on the RB and found it to be rubbish (with film); given digital’s lack of forgiveness, the lens would likely be unacceptable to many users. So I switched to a Bronica SQ-A which had good to excellent lenses. Best Mamiya 6x7 lens I ever had was the 140 macro—terrific!

Interesting that you can use old Bronicas today w/digital backs.

I think he is talking about the 50mm ULD floating element version which is drastically superior to the previous 50mms for mamiya and was actually created as a response to peoples complaints. SOme people I've talked to told me the sharpness was almost indistinguishable from the 65mm ULD floating element, which some people consider diffraction limited past 5.6

mediumcool

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:56:44 am »

I think he is talking about the 50mm ULD floating element version which is drastically superior to the previous 50mms for mamiya and was actually created as a response to peoples complaints. SOme people I've talked to told me the sharpness was almost indistinguishable from the 65mm ULD floating element, which some people consider diffraction limited past 5.6

Good to hear. I think it’s fairly obvious I was speaking only of the older lens. In both the 645 and 6x7 lines there were, and are, some excellent lenses and some with fur on them!  ;D
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

itsskin

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 02:06:01 pm »

Yes. ULD version. Old one is soft and out of question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up