Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH2: any alternatives to provided instruction book?  (Read 2889 times)

bluekorn

GH2: any alternatives to provided instruction book?
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:27:00 pm »

I received my Panasonic GH2 today. I find the instruction book to be abstruse at best. If I continue to struggle with it I may have to schedule with a psychotherapist. Does anyone know offhand if there is a website offering at any price an alternative to what Panasonic has offered as an operating manuel? Thank you.
Peter

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: GH2: any alternatives to provided instruction book?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:31:26 pm »

Well.. DP Review usually has very detailed reviews of features and functions. Here is the link for GH2.

JimU

• http://
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:24:34 pm »

I received my Panasonic GH2 today. I find the instruction book to be abstruse at best. If I continue to struggle with it I may have to schedule with a psychotherapist. Does anyone know offhand if there is a website offering at any price an alternative to what Panasonic has offered as an operating manuel? Thank you.
Peter

I received my gh2 in early June and was appalled.  I am mostly interested in video, i've found dvxuser.com a very good resource for setting up video settings.  I find the UI not well thought out, for instance there's user programable function buttons, but you can't set them to change the aperature when in video mode.

Steve_Townsend

• Commercial Property Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »

I am so pleased to read this because I thought it was me.

The instructions are terrible. Unfortunately I think that about most instructions so i really thought it was me. I am dyslexic so most are a struggle.

fredjeang

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 07:53:05 pm »

The instructions are indeed a mess. The camera is a really complex peice of engineering, it's a complex new generation of camera in a classic and over simplify instruction book.
Dvxusers is a great source for this tool as mentioned.

NigelC

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:39:56 am »

I received my gh2 in early June and was appalled.  I am mostly interested in video, i've found dvxuser.com a very good resource for setting up video settings.  I find the UI not well thought out, for instance there's user programable function buttons, but you can't set them to change the aperature when in video mode.

From my experience with the GH2 and LX3, I find Panasonics UI good, but paper manual is, I agree, awful. By comparison, 5D2 instruction book is a model of clarity, but then that's a simple camera compared to GH2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up